Kauzmann Trail is a 3.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bay Saint Lawrence East, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.7 km Elevation Gain: 106 m Route Type: Out & Back

A must see, easy trail, amazing views.

The trail head was way off the beaten path, but we'll marked. recommend a truck or SUV to get there. It's an easy hike to the ridge, just a little scary cause you are way out on your own. When you reach the ridge the view is awesome!! Hold onto your hat and anything that may be loose, the winds are whipping! Wish we hadn't started so late, we couldn't go past the ridge. Heard it's a tough hike back up the mountain, but worth it. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a place with no one around!

The Skyline Trail is the iconic Cape Breton Highlands National Park trail, and this is even better. This is what Skyline use to be before it got over run with tourists. Most of the first half of the trail runs along the ridge of the Valley, but you would never know it, the thick woods prevents you from seeing the drop off while giving moderate little shade, the stunted growth is a good indicator of the tough climate these mountain tops endure. Once you break into the clearing you realize just how much of a drop off there is, 1300 ft to the Ocean and at the end of the trail, not much less of a drop on the land side. You can hear a water falls, but you never see it, regardless of the weather, which by the way can change in dramatic fashion. I was half way out this part when I realized that I hadn't put on bug repellent, and that I also didn't need it. There were no bugs to be seen (this was the same on 3 trips here). Wear good footwear, the trail is rock and roots, clear of branches, and trees, but other then that its just a beaten down trail.

The beginning is a typical woodland trail through pine trees but once you are out on the barren outcropping the views are majestic over Aspy Bay and the coast to the south. The only reason I am not giving this hike a 5 star rating is that the White Point hike about 30 minutes south of here is just fantastic and not to be missed.

Wow!! The views from the ridge are amazing! Getting there is a bit of a challenge - dirt road for the last few miles. Well worth it though!

Really enjoyed this trail, very easy hike with amazing views at the end! The trail itself was relatively well marked and very easy to follow. I began my hike around noon on a Saturday in peak tourist season and had the trail all to myself. Definitely worth the slight detour off the Cabot Trail - I would highly recommend to everybody!

This is one of the top trails we have hiked. Rated a 5 star from us. Do not miss this trail. If you are looking to do a trail in norther Cape Breton hike this one for sure. A rough road to get there but well worth the drive. •••••

Saturday, June 30, 2018