Kauzmann Trail is a 3.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bay Saint Lawrence East, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.7 km Elevation Gain: 106 m Route Type: Out & Back

Well this was an adventure for sure. My experience was mixed, as the trail was very wet and muddy, and I slipped and hurt my leg. But for others, this is a place worth experiencing even if the trail leading to the final views isn’t much to write home about. 6014 Road isn’t the worst road I’ve ever driven on, but it’s close, and driving on it certainly adds to this experience, for better or worse. I drove it in a Hyundai Sonata but there were a few times I wish I had an SUV. There are trails and views in Cape Breton I’ve liked better but I surely won’t be forgetting everything about this one anytime soon.

Beautiful trail! I’ve been on the Cabot Trail a few times and this beats out so many other trails easily.. Will definitely be back! The road up to the trail isn’t so bad. Other reviews made it sound super rough, but just be careful. I had no issues in October after a night of heavy rain in my 4motion Golf Wagon. Sections of the road ARE rocky, but no overly massive rocks and the few there are can be avoided. Mind the puddles if you see any - one in particular is deeper than it appears ;-) The trail itself was super wet after last night’s rain but the suffering is well worth it by the sights at the end..

Road driving up is very rough but an suv can make it. The trail is in good shape and the views from the top are amazing!

The road to the trail was incredibly washed out and really rocky, luckily we were in an SUV but we had tried it earlier in a car and had gotten stuck. The view is absolutely worth it, lots of wild blueberries which was great right at the end of the trail! Really easy, but very wet because of the storm earlier this week.

Beautiful trail! The trailhead is marked with an orange and white fishing buoy, and orange markers here and there throughout the trail. The trail itself is easy, however the 5km (VERY rocky) dirt road leading up to the trailhead is more suited for an SUV or truck. We were able to make it there by car although it lengthened the travel time significantly - but luckily no flat tires! The incredible view is most definitely worth braving the dirt road.

The dirt road up is very rocky, but can be driven in a sedan. The trailhead is marked by a buoy hung from a tree by the side of the road. The first half is wooded, pine trees and ferns crowding in on the trail itself. Halfway through it opens up to a ridgeline with dropoffs on either side, the sea on your right and a lush green valley to the left. Phenomenal views!!! Cannot recommend this trail enough. Took about 1.5 to 2 hours, with plenty of time for photos.

beautiful view, easy trail not many people so it isn't crowded

use google map to get to the trail head. there was a white buoy n red orange marker at trail head. short 3km hike with amazing views. easy to hike n then continue drive up road park by towers to hike money point

A must see, easy trail, amazing views.

The trail head was way off the beaten path, but we'll marked. recommend a truck or SUV to get there. It's an easy hike to the ridge, just a little scary cause you are way out on your own. When you reach the ridge the view is awesome!! Hold onto your hat and anything that may be loose, the winds are whipping! Wish we hadn't started so late, we couldn't go past the ridge. Heard it's a tough hike back up the mountain, but worth it. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a place with no one around!

Mon Apr 01 2019

The Skyline Trail is the iconic Cape Breton Highlands National Park trail, and this is even better. This is what Skyline use to be before it got over run with tourists. Most of the first half of the trail runs along the ridge of the Valley, but you would never know it, the thick woods prevents you from seeing the drop off while giving moderate little shade, the stunted growth is a good indicator of the tough climate these mountain tops endure. Once you break into the clearing you realize just how much of a drop off there is, 1300 ft to the Ocean and at the end of the trail, not much less of a drop on the land side. You can hear a water falls, but you never see it, regardless of the weather, which by the way can change in dramatic fashion. I was half way out this part when I realized that I hadn't put on bug repellent, and that I also didn't need it. There were no bugs to be seen (this was the same on 3 trips here). Wear good footwear, the trail is rock and roots, clear of branches, and trees, but other then that its just a beaten down trail.

Thu Aug 23 2018

The beginning is a typical woodland trail through pine trees but once you are out on the barren outcropping the views are majestic over Aspy Bay and the coast to the south. The only reason I am not giving this hike a 5 star rating is that the White Point hike about 30 minutes south of here is just fantastic and not to be missed.

Thu Aug 23 2018

Wow!! The views from the ridge are amazing! Getting there is a bit of a challenge - dirt road for the last few miles. Well worth it though!

Sat Aug 04 2018

Really enjoyed this trail, very easy hike with amazing views at the end! The trail itself was relatively well marked and very easy to follow. I began my hike around noon on a Saturday in peak tourist season and had the trail all to myself. Definitely worth the slight detour off the Cabot Trail - I would highly recommend to everybody!

Fri Aug 03 2018

This is one of the top trails we have hiked. Rated a 5 star from us. Do not miss this trail. If you are looking to do a trail in norther Cape Breton hike this one for sure. A rough road to get there but well worth the drive. •••••

Mon May 20 2019