Kauzmann Trail

Kauzmann Trail is a 3.7 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bay Saint Lawrence East, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

3.7 km
106 m

The beginning is a typical woodland trail through pine trees but once you are out on the barren outcropping the views are majestic over Aspy Bay and the coast to the south. The only reason I am not giving this hike a 5 star rating is that the White Point hike about 30 minutes south of here is just fantastic and not to be missed.

Wow!! The views from the ridge are amazing! Getting there is a bit of a challenge - dirt road for the last few miles. Well worth it though!

Really enjoyed this trail, very easy hike with amazing views at the end! The trail itself was relatively well marked and very easy to follow. I began my hike around noon on a Saturday in peak tourist season and had the trail all to myself. Definitely worth the slight detour off the Cabot Trail - I would highly recommend to everybody!

This is one of the top trails we have hiked. Rated a 5 star from us. Do not miss this trail. If you are looking to do a trail in norther Cape Breton hike this one for sure. A rough road to get there but well worth the drive. •••••