Indian Path Common Hiking Trails

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(14)
Indian Path, Nova Scotia

Indian Path Common Hiking Trails is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Path, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 436 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Out and back forest trail with 2 loops. Narrow woods paths in good condition and well marked including detailed maps at each junction. The are a couple of small streams and a pond. On a clear day there is a nice view up the Lahave River. Trail has little elevation change and would be suitable for a family excursion. Civic address is 375 Fish Peddler Rd, Municipality of Lunenburg.

I love this trail! It’s an easy walk with lots of variety; pond, stream, lookoff, Mayflowers, twisty trees - very cool spot! Well maintained with good footing but a bit damp in spots. Watch out for porcupines if you have a doggo!

Great trail for a winter afternoon. Not too icy. Well marked. Did all three loops. Definitely will make it a regular outing.

The forest had a lot of different smells. The fir trees, ferns and wildflowers made this hike nice but that was it. The lookoff was overgrown and blocked the view. there was a small brook that was nice, the larger brook/ lake was hard to see. Probably wont return.

Sun Dec 23 2018

This trail for us is one that you do once but never really return to. The hiking it good. - some ups and downs, stumpy trails, 1 look off where you can see the ocean in the far distance. There are 3 coloured trails. We did 2 in one day, then returned again to complete the trail we skipped the first time. It’s a nice quiet woodsy hike, however extremely boring. Some areas can be quiet wet at certain times of year. The road to the parking lot is dirt and is often very soft and muddy so just getting there can be an experience (early spring). Great for hiking with your dog...it is on leash only... however people not being able to read and all, we met several unleashed dogs running up ahead of their owners. Not very nice to have lose dogs approach on-leash dogs. I expect these are locals who think they own the trail. So overall, nice to do once for a new place to go, but not an “omg I must go again” trail.

Tue Aug 21 2018

I started this hike at the West end, north of where the bridge construction is. there was a place to park just off the hiway but I drove on the 4x4 path right to the trailhead and there was a place to park there too! the trail terrain is consistent throughout. lots of turns, and lots of small inclines and declines. lots of shade as the trail is fully forested. i kept a good pace and only stopped to take photos. I got the excercise I was looking for on this hike! it is an excellent workout trail!! :) at the loop section of the trail you have choices of what loop to hike and which direction to go. choices, even small ones, always add to the enjoyment of any trail! well marked and color coded, so you couldn't get lost even if you wanted to!! there was one place I ventured off trail to investigate something pretty, but the pic didn't do justice so I didn't post it :( there are a couple nice views but partially blocked by tree growth! if I was to take my time on this trail I'd want to bring a small mat to sit on! taking lots of time would make this hike easy for all. but I think it's the kind you WANT to break a sweat on!!

Sun Apr 07 2019