Indian Path Common Hiking Trails

Indian Path Common Hiking Trails is a 6.3 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Path, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.3 km
133 m

Out and back forest trail with 2 loops. Narrow woods paths in good condition and well marked including detailed maps at each junction. The are a couple of small streams and a pond. On a clear day there is a nice view up the Lahave River. Trail has little elevation change and would be suitable for a family excursion. Civic address is 375 Fish Peddler Rd, Municipality of Lunenburg.

I started this hike at the West end, north of where the bridge construction is. there was a place to park just off the hiway but I drove on the 4x4 path right to the trailhead and there was a place to park there too!
the trail terrain is consistent throughout. lots of turns, and lots of small inclines and declines. lots of shade as the trail is fully forested. i kept a good pace and only stopped to take photos. I got the excercise I was looking for on this hike! it is an excellent workout trail!! :)
at the loop section of the trail you have choices of what loop to hike and which direction to go. choices, even small ones, always add to the enjoyment of any trail! well marked and color coded, so you couldn't get lost even if you wanted to!! there was one place I ventured off trail to investigate something pretty, but the pic didn't do justice so I didn't post it :(
there are a couple nice views but partially blocked by tree growth!
if I was to take my time on this trail I'd want to bring a small mat to sit on!
taking lots of time would make this hike easy for all. but I think it's the kind you WANT to break a sweat on!!