Fall River Loop Trail

Fall River Loop Trail is a 1.0 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

1 km
42 m

Fall River loop is a short woods trail located in Fall River, Nova Scotia. The loop starts on the side of the road, where Sandstone Ave. becomes Limtesone Ave. Wandering into the woods visitors follow a moderate elevation gain to the top of the open lookoff, and then through the woods again to complete the loop. The trail is marked with blue tape, tied around trees for visitors to follow. Parking Information: Parking is available on the side of the road directly in front of the trailhead, however visitors should be careful to fully park on the side of the road so as not to block the turn of the road.

While I think this trail WOULD be awesome, I got completely lost. I downloaded Google Earth the night before just in case, and wow, I'm glad I did. There are a few branches off the trail that got me confused.

I came out to an open, rocky, area but didn't see any of the blue markers- that's when I felt totally lost. I didn't know which way to go. Google Earth! Phew. I came out between two houses on a different street... same as the gal below, there were markers that led to where I came out...on Confederation... very odd.

I would do the trail again, but with others next time and perhaps bringing some other markers :-)

My husband and I are in our mid sixties and very fit. This trail was not what we expected at all. We found the first blue ribbon at the trail head and the path was so overgrown that you could barely see it and there was a steep climb with loose footing right next to a drop off that I felt was dangerous but we kept on. As we got further up it turned into a nice area but what this map does not show is a major branch off to the left of the trail which we took thinking it would loop around and rejoin the main trail. It didn't. The further we walked (and some areas were very boggy) the path started to disappear. We were still seeing blue ribbons but they looked new and we ended up lost in the woods with no trail to follow. We heard a car on a road near us and followed the direction of the sound and ended up coming out between two houses on Confederation Ave. NOT a pleasant experience.

Great hike but defiantly not easy. A lot of steep elevation changes.