Costly Farm Heritage Trail Loop

Costly Farm Heritage Trail Loop is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

• Graveyard
    44.66557, -63.45992
  • Lookoff
    44.66547, -63.45888
  • Old field
    44.66163, -63.45279
  • Old stone wall
    44.66141, -63.45223

Beautiful scenery, not overly busy, quite ! Trails aren't "perfect" and you can definitely get muddy. My four legged friend and I had a blast though

Great spot to walk the dog

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I am surprised with 2 stars on these trails. Some of the trails are bike friendly, but most of them north of salt marsh are not. It is on leash for dogs & for difficulty I would say easy to moderate. Moderate portion is North of Salt Marsh trail. I really enjoy these trails, but they are located in my area. I would not drive from Halifax for this trail.

Monday, February 04, 2013

Great Sunday afternoon walk with the kids. A few hills but the path is crusher dust so easy to push a stroller on it. Some wildlife the day we were there lots of birds and a few deer. The trail travels through an open field then through some woods then opens up again with nice views of the Atlantic Ocean, Musquodoboit Harbour.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Please ignore my review, i posted on the wrong trail. Never been on this one. Sorry.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Unlike the atlantic view and the shearwater flyer trails this one isn't suitable for a road bike. I made it but it wasn't easy.