Cape Split Trail

Cape Split Trail is a 12.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kings, Nova Scotia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

12.9 km
519 m

beach

Following Highway 101 take Exit 11 to the 358 North and drive to Scott's Bay. Then follow the Cape Split signs to the parking lot and the trailhead.

This trail has enough challenging parts to make it worthwhile. I actually completed it twice in one day, back to back in 5 hours and 5 minutes.

A nice walk through the woods. I took my 9 and 11 year old boys. They were tired at the end but enjoyed the walk. Went on a Sunday and there were quite a few fellow hikers. I’d recommend going during the week if you enjoy solitude. Of the 12+ km’s i’d say half was uphill. Lots of stones and roots to be mindful of. A bit muddy in spots. Nice view at the end.

Walked this trail yesterday with a couple of my friends. None of us are hikers by any means. The moderate difficulty is definitely reasonable— my non-hiker body is quite tired and sore the day after, and my friends and I took several breaks throughout. We took about four hours total. We’re from Halifax, so it was about an hour and a half drive to get there— fun little roadtrip if you’re from the city! The first half of the hike is quite hilly, but it flattens out during the latter half. View at the end is well worth the hike, in my opinion! I’d highly suggest bug repellant of some sort, especially during this time of year. All in all, I would wholeheartedly recommend it!

This is a nice undulating hike thru natural forest. The actual Cape Split was well worth the hike.
It took us 3hrs round trip and enjoyed the plentiful greenery and the beautiful vista at the point.

Your average Canadian Forest hike for the most part, but it ends on an amazing view. The local Chipmunks were also super friendly, allowing me to get some great shots of them.

This trail has been on my “hikes to do” list for years, but I always kept putting it off. The views at the end always intrigued me, but the descriptions/review of the actual hike always sounded less than exciting. I envisioned it to be too easy, I prefer a more challenging hike, but in the end, the hike was good, it had a couple good inclines and lots of roots and rocks to avoid. It’s a long trek though, we moved fairly quickly and it took us 2.5 hrs, but it probably takes most people 3-4 hrs. Bring a sweater for the end, it’s damn cold out there! It was 30 degrees in Wolfville, 19 in the parking lot, but it felt like maybe 4 degrees at the end with that wind whipping at us. All in all, it wasn’t my favourite hike, I’m glad I did it, finally, but I probably won’t do it again.

A little underwhelming after all of the stellar reviews. The clearing is lovely and offers a nice view, however it’s a bit of a trot for such little payoff. It took us an hour and 45 mins to do the first half and and an hour and 15 back at a moderate pace.

It takes about 90 mins to go up the trail and about 75 mins to come back, with brisk walking. The view from the top of cliifs, on a good summers day, is quite stunning. No special gear needed, except for a pair of trail/running shoes with a decent amount of grip.

Hiked several times while at university. Great in spring, summer and fall

My wife and I where here in February, great hike! Super well kept and clean. Washrooms located at the entrance were open. Spectacular views!!

Great

Big payoff!

Simply Beautiful.

A great 3 hour workout with a great prize view over parts of the Bay Of Fundy at the very end. At times, it feels like it's uphill both ways. Very popular. Wonderful time.

The hike took 2.5 hours one way. Some steep areas and glimpses of the water as you approach the end. Beautiful view at the end. Pack a snack and sit down and enjoy the beautiful view!

Great hike with amazing coastal views!!

Nice family hike

Went on a Saturday morning and it was definitely crowded. It's not a hard hike but there isn't too much to see on the way up. The view at the end was better than expected!

great hike, beautiful view ! wear boots it's muddy folks!

A great hike, moderately challenging, well maintained trail. Only upset was how cloudy and misty it was, was unable to see the whole view at the end, but it added a mysterious vibe to the hike! Still worth it!

Great trail with an amazing view at the end!

You have to go to the beach :D Best part of this trail!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Amazing for us and our dog!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

nice run ending with spectacular view

Monday, May 22, 2017

Loved this hike! The wooded area and forest was enchanting; old growth, trilliums, carpet of May flowers, moss and cool towering trees were a highlight. The end was magnificent, especially in the waining light.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

This hike was more than I ever imagined
It took approximately one hour to hike up the trail with no break. When you get to the top of the trail and see the view, you are in awe. I would recommend anyone to do it. Take your time and be prepared, bring a snack and something to drink.
You are definitely going to want to stay for a while

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Very popular now and suggest going early. Also, walk in is about 2hrs through woods. only the end has views.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great trail. Give 4 to 5 hours for return. Stay away from the cliff edge at the end.. Awesome views.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Amazing trail. Not too hard. Amazing view from the top

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Fantastic trail. Did this multiple times. Even once with infant carriers front and back. The view is always better then expected. Could be super dangerous at the end if not careful. Just stay clear from the edge and enjoy. Easy hike