Fundy Footpath

Fundy Footpath is a 45.7 kilometer lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salmon River, New Brunswick, Canada that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

45.7 km
3330 m
Point to Point

beach

This trail is a strenuous multi-day hike up steep and remote terrain with rewarding views of the Bay of Fundy and untouched wilderness. Careful preparation should be done before embarking on this trail.

awesome trail . not for everyone . 73 hrs . try a little faster next time . people say its harder to go one way than the other . dont be fooled it is not easy either way .

Best trail you're gonna find in the maritimes outside of Newfoundland hands down. Very strenuous though.

A tough hike that allows you to feel like you've earned every view and every campsite.

My girlfriend and I backpacked planned on taking 4 days to finish the trail (Wolf Pointe to Interactive Center), yet finished in 3. We camped at Goose Creek the 1st night and Little Salmon the 2nd. We noticed that every camping spot seemed like a great option.

I could go on at length discussing strategy for this feat but there is plenty of literature provided by the Fundy Hiking Trail Association (http://fundyhikingtrails.com/). I would recommend getting there guide as it also helps them out.

We walked the section from Long Beach to Seely Beach along the beach then took the footpath back to where were began. Do not attempt the beach walk if you have less than an hour and a quarter! The Bay of Fundy tides are not a force to tempt. They are strong, swift and you can get stuck unaware if you are not vigilant! That said the rock outcrops are magnificent.
We walked back along the footpath the hardwood and softwood, mosses and lichens, Brooks and waterways were all such a treat. The climbs and descents (yes plural ;) are steady and hiking poles are recommended as well as sturdy footwear.
There will be a few river or brook crossings.
Take shoes off or get wet. Two spots were knee deep. There are two Fundy Biosphere Reserve Amazing Places on the trail as an added incentive

We did this in 3 days but it was crazy hard and I was incredibly sick the last day. We had bad weather also but for some reason I still loved it.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

I hiked the trail as part of the fundy footpath. hiked it with a friend over 3 days. we camped of various beaches throughout. not sure I would consider the trail easy as it is pretty steep in places but the climbs are well worth it once you see the views.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

We attempted to ride the Fundy Trail with our hybrid bikes. We didn't make it too far as the trails are extremely steep and we were not in good enough condition to ride them. We packed the bikes back on the truck and drove the trail instead as the road follows the trail along the ridge. We did enjoy breathtaking views of Fundy Bay.