Chickahominy Mountain is a 3.9 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bocabec, New Brunswick, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.9 km Elevation Gain: 173 m Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Parking lot on North side of the highway

Not a lot to look at. TONS of horseflies.

first off, grab a stick at the entrance as it gets pretty helpful en tabarnak very challenging climb, fun for the adventure seeking type hikers. wish it had a better view at the top, but still has great spot to take pictures And last watch out for poison ivy, had a burning sensation on my legs shorlty after walking in the bushes at the beginning of trail.

This trail was okay. I would have enjoyed it more if I didn’t have to clear the brush away every step until you got further up. Most times in the lower area you couldn’t see your feet it was so overgrown. The top was much better of course. Beautiful view, but again it was super limited because of the over growth. Good short hike for an evening if you are just looking to get out and get a good sweat on. I would have given it a four or five star if it wasn’t for the overgrowth. Also, it seems they used multiple items to mark the trails- yellow diamond markers, paint, hunters tape, and rope....... just needs some up keep is all and it would make a big difference.

tons of mosquitos and black flies!! however really nice view from the top. also watch out for poison ivy as we saw a lot of it today.

So many bugs! Steep at times, somewhat of a difficult climb. Couple of muddy sections... my running shoes got soaked. The view from the top is beautiful (somewhat blocked by trees). All in all, a quick hike that is tough on the way up but an easy walk down.

May 24, 2019: This was a nice hike with my 3 dogs. The bugs were atrocious at the top of the mountain so we did not stay long. The trail has some yellow markers and light blue rope markers to guide you. There are tons of red ribbons and they will lead you off the mountain in the opposite direction, I turned around when the decent became very steep and I was uncertain if this would loop back at the bottom. I tried to find my way back down the way I came up and got “lost” for about 45 minutes. I had to keep my head down the whole hike because of the flies so I was not paying as much attention as I usually do. Be cautious, I saw bear tracks and droppings. I also heard coyotes. If you have a small dog I recommend keeping it on leash as there were lots of birds of pray flying near the boulders at the bottom/summit. I kept my smaller dog on leash for this reason. You will be walking in streams and muddy sections, you’re feet will get wet. Bring bug spray. Happy trails.

Friday, September 07, 2018