Bennett Brook

Bennett Brook is a 13.2 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alma, New Brunswick, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 13.2 km Elevation Gain: 356 m Route Type: Loop

moderate rating is accurate overall. there are a few tough spots that I would rate as more difficult. the descent down to the river is quite steep and I would not attempt if you are cycling. However if you are on foot, the view at the bottom is a nice reward for your efforts. It had rained a bit the day previous to my walk along this trail so the little stream at the bottom was not terribly little, but still manageable. I would say if you intend to cross it, be certain the water levels are not too high. Either that or be ready to get your socks wet, or even your thigh highs as you may find yourself pocket deep in water, foam, and rocks. Overall was a good visit. Though I am from Ontario I could see myself hiking that trail again on my next stop through NB.

Great trail! The decent happens in like 3 stages. Steep, flat, steep. Totally worth all the work to get down to the falls! Highly recommend this hike

Nice trail, we followed the brook up to the waterfalls and got stuck at the falls. We had to climb a steep hill to get out and get back on the trail.

Great ride into the gorge. Demanding to push the bike up the far side but so worth it.

Really lovely trail. However, after the steep descent into the valley where the water is we were unable to find the rest of the trail. We crossed the river twice and ended up on the wrong side. Still lots of fun, but we ended up reversing our track to get back. Will need to return to find the second half of the hike.

Did this trail on the mothers day weekend. Rating of easy is inaccurate. steep decent into the gorge then the trail gets confusing. we ended up going back the way we came. Beautiful in the gorge though with a swimming hole and small falls

recorded Bennett Brook