Whiteshell River Bridge Trail is a 4.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nutimik Lake, Manitoba, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.2 km
158 m

paddle sports

scenic driving

beach

A short trail on the edge of the Canadian Shield starting within the Nutimik Lake Campground, within Whiteshell Provincial Park, that leads to large lake wide rapids known as Sturgeon Falls. Made possible by a new suspension bridge over the Whiteshell River.

A nice, easy hike to Sturgeon Falls. Lots of different mushrooms grow here in the late summer and you can sometimes see otters playing in the water.

For a longer hike, turn right after crossing the suspension bridge to go to Pine Point Rapids (8.7 km one way). Not much in terms of views as it's essentially a wide swath of access road through the forest, but you're likely to have it all to yourself. @jesiannoutdoors

we rode bikes along the trail. our 4 yr old had to walk the steep bits but otherwise a nice riding trail

I did this trail walking was not very exciting if you were looking for a trail to bike or the jog in and out I would recommend this trail.

Took this trail from the bridge sign in the Nutimik lake campground area to Sturgeon Falls. Fairly easy trail - we had 7 kids with us including one in a backpack carrier and everyone managed the hike no problem. Lots of nice lookout points especially the bridge and the rocks by the falls.

It was a nice scenic walk. I wouldn’t consider it a hike. I would consider this easy compared to others I have done.

Great place for a short hike. It's very beautiful as well.

Very nice trail. The bridge was about half way - nice place to stop and enjoy the scenery. Good trail to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

An absolutely beautiful place to just go and sit. Very scenic!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Beautiful trail on the Canadian Shield. We saw a party of bluejays, many other birds as well. Views we gorgeous, trees have started changing to fall colours.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

This is part of the Transcanada Trail. The bridge is an important structural, linking feat for that. I did only a short part of this trail, found accidentally while visiting the Bannock Petraforms. Don't miss that.

Sunday, May 01, 2016