Pine Point Trail is a 9.0 kilometer loop trail located near Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.0 km Elevation Gain: 256 m Route Type: Loop

The first part of the hike to the Pine Point Rapids was flat and easy, along a wide path. There is a fork in the trail where you could continue on the wide path for 2.4 km to the rapids or take the self-guiding trail for 2.7 km, which follows along a narrower path along the river. The first set of rapids are pretty and there were lots of large flat rocks to get some good photos and views of them. There were fire pits and picnic tables on the large rocks as well. The hike leads to two other small falls/rapids and it is very scenic with gorgeous views at various points along the way. This second section is slightly more challenging than the first part of the hike, as the trail leads over a rocky landscape and through the forest, with some ups and downs to maneuver. It is also much less busy on this section and makes for a peaceful atmosphere.

Love this trail. Good for beginners. Views 9/10. It’s muddy so make sure you bring extra socks and shoes.

Such an amazing day & experience! Okay, won’t lie.. the bugs swarmed us as soon as we got out of our vehicle. Bring the bug spray and that should help a lot. Once on the trail, the bugs didn’t really bother us. The muddy patches on the trail were next level BUT makes for an experience to find ways around. I’m a plus size girl and found the trail challenging especially climbing some of the steeper rock sections, but nevertheless extremely rewarding as there was so many beautiful scenic spots all along the way. We also swam the rapids which was tons of fun! Highly recommend this trail, come prepared and you will have a blast! Total time 3.5-4 hrs Including many stops for pictures, a swim break and a lunch break.

It was great and fun! But was really muddy! But if you don’t mind getting muddy than it’s totally worth it!

I have departed in Winnipeg after a traumatizing experience in my LIFE! We arrived at the parking lot at about 930 ish pretty empty lot not bad. As soon as we pulled up, we see a ton I mean I am not joking 50 flies, sand flies (someone said), black flying creatures swarming the cars. We all thought ( we had a party of four) maybe it's really bad here because of the bathroom is near by. Let me tell you from the get go, as soon as we took one step out of the car we started waving our arms above our head, side to side and you can FEEL the flies touching your forearm. That's DISGUSTING!!!! And it doesn't end there. These flies were chasing us until the end. It was so bad that we couldn't even finish the trail. Did I mention ticks?!?!?!? Oh my goodness, the trail is full of ticks. These people leaving reviews about how wonderful, fantastic, beautiful this trail is......... I'm not sure. This, will be my first and last hiking.

flooded

I hiked the first loop of Pine Point to the rapids and back on May 16, 2020. This trail is always one of my favourites and it’s so beautiful in every season. I enjoy taking the self guiding trail on the right when you come to the junction as it climbs over the rocky landscape and through forest and is much more scenic. There is a viewpoint from along this trail with pretty views of the surrounding forest. As the trail got closer to the rapids, there were quite a few sections that were super muddy and wet. They were pretty challenging to navigate around and I was so glad I wore waterproof hiking boots! You will get soaked feet if you don’t have waterproof footwear. Bring extra socks. The rapids were flowing pretty fast and were gorgeous as usual. On the hike back, I took the straight wide trail to avoid the mud, but there were still some sections along this stretch too. The hike to the first rapids and back was around 5.5 km and I completed it in around 1.5 hours. Beautiful sunny day to enjoy the beautiful nature here! There were not too many cars in the parking lot when I arrived at 9:45 am, but it was PACKED with people parking on the grass and any space they could find when I got back at around 11:30. Definitely arrive early in the morning if you want to enjoy some peace on the trail.

A great mix of different trail conditions. A little wet and muddy in spots...but what you would expect for this time of the season. Parking lot was full on our way out...early start recommended.

flooded

Fantastic trail, beautiful views. But be prepared to have wet feet if you go any time soon. Lots of mud and puddles.

Great bang for your buck trail. Scenic views, rapids and waterfalls. Can do the loop in about 3 hours. Is pretty muddy in many areas. Went with kids, 2 of which slipped and fell in the mud. Bring splash pants and expect your feet to get wet.

This is one of my favorite trails. Not difficult but it definitely gets your heart pumping in places. The trail was extremely wet in places and muddy in others. My two companions had regular runners on and suffered for it, I wore water proof hikers and had no issues. We completed the trail in just under 3 hours going super slow to try and avoid and skirt around the wet areas as best we could. There is so much scenery along this hike. We arrived at approx 3 pm and the parking lot was full but I think most people choose to do the short loop to the rapids and head back. We didn’t see one other person on the long loop and there were very few cars when we returned to the lot.

Lovely trail with nice views. It’s still a little muddy and wet so make sure you’re wearing waterproof footwear. Trail takes 2-3 hours to get through. Pro-tip: take the self-guided (2.7 km) trail both ways rather than the shorter one for a little more excitement, as the 2.4 km trail is more like a walking path through the woods.

Awesome trail but very muddy at some points - wear proper shoes

flooded

It's a very nice and enjoyable hike, some parts are a bit difficult, I went on May 2 and it was very wet and muddy. But overall it was worth it to see the final rapids.

Enjoyed this trail quite a bit, the rapids were beautiful and going in a sunny day it’s beautiful!

This is probably my new favourite trail. Lots of variety of terrains and the views were spectacular. Keep in mind all the dirt trail sections were very muddy and wet. I would recommended wearing waterproof hiking boots or you will not have a good time. I hiked this trail on a Thursday afternoon and it wasn’t too busy. It was easy to keep my distance from other hikers. The outhouses were closed due to COVID-19.