Pine Point Trail

Pine Point Trail is a 9.0 kilometer loop trail located near Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9 km
256 m

The north side trail is nice, easy and a bit shorter in comparison to the other trail which offers more of a scenic route since it goes along the river. Make sure you bring bug spray for this one.. especially for the loop by the rapids.

Easy trail that’s not too far from the city. I recommend combining this trail with others in the area for a decent day trip from Winnipeg.

great picnic/swim spot after the walk. terrain is suitable for bikes too.

Easy trail. Take the self guiding option as the gravel walkway was really boring. Rewarding rapids at the end of the trail. I’m deducting a star because it was so busy! Tons of people on this trail so be prepared to encounter lots of people!

loved Pine Point Rapids! you can hike to the rapids, you have the option to do the entire loop, we did it. didnt take us too long to finish the entire trail. you get to see 2 other rapids/little falls along that trail that are very nice, loved the rock switchback. our dogs adored this trail!

very fun trail, beautiful views, not too hard like said! loved it!

My friend and I spent 11 nights in the Whiteshell so we also did this trail 11 times haha wrote our name in the little book inside the cabin too every time great trail!

my family and I recently did this trail including the extra 2.8 km loop. I'd probably rate this trail between easy and moderate. the self guided path of this hike is very scenic and has great rock plains, the path itself is marked well. the extra loop part of the trail is considerably more difficult than the pine point loop, it has a bit of incline and decline. if I were to do this again I would definitely take the self guided trail back to the parking lot from the Rapids as the gravel path is a bit boring to look at but it's great they made the Rapids accessible for everyone to enjoy. I would do this hike again, and also make sure to bring bug spray and a hat as there were these bugs buzzing around our heads and landing on them the whole hike, rather annoying. all in all a very nice hike

great walk, stick to the east trail between the parking lot and first set of rapids for a more scenic path. trail is well marked and only a small amount of deadfall.

Nice trail, great sights. Walking path at the end was quite long and boring.

First time there and it was great. Not a lot of up hill, lots of through the forest with rapids scattered on the trail to cool off in! Definitely do it again.

Great trail! Beautiful views, A bit busy with other people for my liking but my dogs really enjoyed it.

The parts of the trail near the river or which offers view of the river and rapids are great. Good exercise; a-lot of up hill and rocks with places to rest and picnic. Some boring patches of straight out walking without view, roughly 40% of trail.

We love this hike. We take our two year old in the backpack. The first part is more challenging. The rapids are half way and very beautiful. The second half is just basically a straight wide open walking path. Kind of boring.

This is my baseline trail, it is the one that I compare all my other trails too. Great scenery, some area pathways allow for some interpretation in picking your route. Well marked trailhead information. Always enjoy this one.

Beautiful trail. Lots of birds, animal tracks (deer and canine), and lots of great views. It's very dry, so the rapids are more of a trickle, sadly, and there was evidence of small forest fires on the trail. I had a lot of fun. Some much-needed rain would bring out the vegetation (and mosquitos!)

Great scenery and well labelled!

Highly enjoyed, crowds tamper off after the first falls. Make sure to wear actual hiking boots. Very rooty the second half and broke my toe thinking I was tough and didn’t need my boots for a short MB trail lol

very nice trails! went with the kids, difficult first half with the stroller but was still very fun! had a good work out!

Still a little icy and snowy but a beautiful trail. This is our first time on this trail and we loved it. The partially frozen falls are super cool! We did both All Season Loop and Summer Loop extension. Trail is in good shape for this time of year, just watch the ice.

Great day and great hike! loved it.

A nice mix of rooty terrain and rock shelves, access to the crisp river in multiple areas. Well marked.

Excellent family hike with beautiful scenery. Rapids/waterfall with a spot to picnic including fire pits, picnic tables and a warming hut with wood stove for cold days. You have the option to do the 8km which includes a second loop or turn around and take it easy and finish the first loop. The way back from the first loop is pretty much a wide gravel path. If I were only doing the first part I would double back on the first half of the loop. The second loop is moderately more challenging with some elevation change but still pretty easy.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Starts out very lame with a long roadway walk. The northern section is very flat and easy walk to the rapids. The southern trail offers a must more interesting hike and some rather unique boardwalk sections. The continuation loop from the rapids is a more robust hike.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

This was a wonderful self guided trail. Fresh blueberries and raspberry can be picked if you go during the right season. Trail is not too long, and not too short, perfect way to spend an afternoon with lots of things to see.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Great family trail! Lots to see and do! Great spot to picnic and have lunch at the cabin! Definitely a local favorite for us!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Beautiful trail. Enjoyable!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Grate hike for the family. My 3 1/2 year old did most of the hike, and she loved it!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Loved it! I managed to do both loops in 4 hours and it was prefect and challenging for me as someone who doesn't get out much!