Gorge Creek Trail is a 11.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Division No. 17, Manitoba, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.6 km Elevation Gain: 366 m Route Type: Out & Back

We did it on a rainy day, it was extra challenging. Such a beautiful hike!

best trail in terms of scenery. most challenging trail in terms of up hill. was only able to complete it half way from the bottom up. if you start at the top of the hill and work your way down it's easier.

point to point trail lenght is 6.4 kms one way. total round trip is 12.8 kms an about 4 +hrs is needed to do this trail from start to finish.

Interesting trail, different terrains displayed, finally I walked 6 km on the highway to pick up my car at the start point parking lot

Good trail with beautiful views

Tough trail. Definitely hard. Steep hills and loose gravel in places.

Starting at the lookout would definitely be better than where the trail head is labelled. Drive another km or 2 past and you’ll see the lookout. First part of the trail is okay, back end is absolutely beautiful. Brought our dog on a leash which was fine! Lots of bear scat so be bear smart!

This is a pretty tough trail but it is super well maintained. I would recommend skipping the turnoff to do the lookout and just going to it after you are done since it is right next to the road. Need to be a little careful on some of the ledges as it is gravel and super steep.

This trail is an ass kicker! I wanted to run it but ended up hiking the most of it. It’s absolutely beautiful. Definitely have to be careful as there are cliffs you could easily fall down with one misstep. Also saw a bear! Thought I’d be more afraid but it was def more afraid of me and took off into the bushes. The first half is mostly downhill so be aware that on your way back you are going to be dealing with a lot steep hills!

Beautiful and lush right now. Great ups and downs. We’ll definitely be back!

I hiked the majority of the Gorge Creek Trail in July 2019 and more recently in August 2019 starting from the bottom of the gorge (the trailhead closest to the East Gate). Note: The map of the trail on AllTrails is wrong. The trail is 6.4 km one way and is longer than the map portrays. The trail started off by following through a thick forested area. There were some pretty steep climbs in the beginning. Eventually, the trail opened up to the incredible gorge where it passed along a narrow edge with a steep drop off on one side. Some of the ledges were quite narrow and had loose gravel, so it would be easy to loose your footing if you don’t take it slow. There were amazing views (and photo opportunities) of the escarpment and the lush forest covering the slopes! The trail was interesting and scenic with beautiful views, a varied landscape and lots of ups and downs with some steeper inclines and lots of stairs to provide a good heart pumping workout. You don't expect to find a hilly landscape like this in Manitoba so I really enjoyed this trail and it definitely didn't feel like I was in the Prairies. I was surprised that we gained 424 m of elevation on this hike which is pretty decent for Manitoba hills! The trail is out and back and it continues along the same path back to the parking lot. I would recommend wearing sturdy hiking boots or shoes and bringing hiking poles for the steeper sections. The trail was dry and the bugs were not bad during my visit. I would also recommend re-visiting this hike in the fall when the leaves are changing colour. It's amazing! There is lots of poison ivy along the sides of the trail so wear long pants. Also, I recommend starting the trail from the bottom of the gorge and going up so that you have downhill on the way back (start at the trailhead closest to the east gate). I saw lots of dried bear poop on the trail but didn’t come across any bears. It’s obvious they’re in the area though so be mindful of that. This hike is great for anyone looking for a challenge and gorgeous scenery along the way.

Thu May 30 2019

6.4 km (one way) Went from top to bottom Lots of steep hills

Sun Apr 28 2019

I visited the trail after hiking of the Arrowhead Trail & the Brule Trail in the Riding Mountain National Park. We didn't have enough time to hike the trail from the bottom to the top or loop, so we hiked the trail from the top to the bottom. It took for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the parking lot at the bottom. The trail was dry and very much enjoyable to walk because of the valley, but it has just a few spots to overlook Manitoba's prairie. I thought that the best time to visit this trail is in fall and I will visit it this fall again. If you are looking to see Manitoba's prairie on a high spot, I recommend visiting the Reeves Ravine Trail with the Bald Hill.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Started at the bottom and went up. Beautiful trail but still a little wet and parts that still have some snow. Slippery mud on some of the inclines.

Sun Mar 31 2019

Great trail with lots of good view points overlooking the park. Highly recommend!

Sat Oct 20 2018

A great hike with a lot of different terrain that keeps you interested all the way. We had cold north winds...snowy sections...warmer sunny stretches...we had all 4 seasons. . Awesome day!

Sat Sep 29 2018

I went with my grade twelve classmates and it was so beautiful and so scenic! Loved it so much! Would definitely recommend good footwear lots of steep hills and slopes. So worth it though!

Sat Aug 11 2018

very nice hike, we started at the top and made our way down, still a bit of hiking up hill so you arent always going downhill. some pretty steep climbs and steep steps downhill so good footwear is definitely recommended; we saw a few fresh bear droppings but no bears. great views!

Fri Aug 10 2018

Ages 6 to 70, great views and terrain for all of us x

Mon Aug 06 2018

The Gorge is a gorgeous hike! Took 2 of us 2:40hr top to bottom then bottom to top in a rain storm which was invigorating :) I forgot how many stairs there were... lots, I won’t forget now. Awesome workout, gorgeous views. This still remains one of my favorites in RMNP. Hope to trail run next time! Ps this was 3 wks ago.

Fri Jul 13 2018

This is probably my favourite trail in this park. It has a lot of ups and downs and some scenic overlooks as well. I have started stashing my bike in the bushes close to the washroom near the top of the trail and hiking up and biking down on the road. An hour up and ten minutes down.

Mon Jun 11 2018

Nice hike but LOTS of poison ivy. Be prepared.

Mon Sep 25 2017

I have done this trail multiple times. Excellent changes of scenery with all the elevation changes and there are ropes and steps to help climb back up from the bottom of the trail where the creek is. On the south side you can park and connect with the trails via the North Escarpment or connect onto the Reeves ravine trail from the east trailhead parking area. Currently , late September, is the best time of year to do this trail with leaves falling and nice comfortable temps. You do lose cell service totally in the middle parts of the trail but strangely enough you get a four bar signal at the trailhead.

Mon Sep 18 2017

Beautiful trail! Almost did the entire trail, but was interrupted by a bear!!

Mon Sep 11 2017

The hike was amazing it took us 2 hours. We started at the top of end of the mountain so it was easy hiking down. Other fellow hikers we saw on the way said they don't recommend hiking from the bottom parking lot coz one will have to do a lot of hiking up. We hiked September and one of the park ranger told us all the bears were preparing to hibernate they are eating all the pine nuts on the trail so we saw about 50+ bear droppings fresh and old. Saw beautiful birds, foxes and garter snakes too. The hike was amazing kids can do it too. Bring lots of water and food.

Thu Jul 27 2017

Excellent trail, properly rated as difficult. Not recommended hiking when trail is wet (steep slopes and slippery clay & shale). Trail has parking at each end of trail. There is a privy & BBQ's at the east end parking lot. This track is not the full trail as we tracked 4.5km (one way), the most scenic section of the actual 6.4km starting from the east trailhead.