Bald Hill Trail via North Escarpment Trailhead

Bald Hill Trail via North Escarpment Trailhead is a 24.8 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Division No. 17, Manitoba, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

24.8 km
653 m

If you’re following the official park route you will end up at a much different ending then this trail shows on here. We were planning on doing the BaldHill route and then skipping over to the GorgeCreek route for the way back. This AllTrails trail takes some detour somewhere. Some reception during the trail but not where we supposed the detour was to happen. The trail is pretty challenging going WEBO. Note: if you take the official trail, do not try to cut through the farmer’s field back to the park entrance. You will be bushwacking for about 3/4 of a mile. Not worth it.

I recently did the scenic Reeve's ravine, Gorge creek , Bald hill loop of 21 KM. Breathtaking early fall scenery and the falling foliage opens up the trails especially Gorge creek this time of year. Excellent workout and much more scenery than one would expect in the middle of the prairies.

This trail was incredible. It wasn't as strenuous as I anticipated, but there are a few pretty steep inclines. The views were stunning and the trail was easy to navigate. At the bald hill junction there was a 7 minute (hike) detour that takes you directly to bald hill. Even though it's not technically part of the trail, I highly suggest taking the detour! The views on top of bald hill are absolutely breathtaking!
I had my first bear encounter on this (Reeves Ravine) trail. Luckily the bear was more scared of me than I was of it, and it took off fairly quick. There was LOTS of poop along the trail, so the encounter didn't surprise me too much. Overall, a fantastic experience on this trail! Highly suggest it, but remember we are sharing these trails with wild animals who call the wilderness their home. Please, please, please be respectful and safe! :)