West Coast Trail (South to North)

West Coast Trail (South to North) is a 47 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Port Renfrew, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is best used from May until September.

Point to Point

beach

We went in late July, 2016. We had no rain and great tides. This is the best hike I have ever done. It can be challenging at times, but is totally worth it. Absolutely beautiful.

Walked September 7th to 14th 2016.
Wonderful, tough, muddy.

Beautiful rugged hike along a incredibly scenic coast line!!

An epically beautiful trail but a gut check for sure.

DIFFICULT! But SO worth it! Needs repair on boardwalks over some areas.

Brutally awesome

Phenomenal! You must be prepared mentally and physically

AMAZING!! challenging but spectacular!

Amazing! best thing ever!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Amazing trail.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

August 14-21, 2015
Amazing Trip! Amazingly warm and sunny weather! Could not ask for anything better!!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Thursday, August 20, 2015

3 words - amazing , hard, awesome. I just completed the trail last week. This was actually my second time on the trail. I completed a north to south trek in 7 days, 35 years ago. This time 4 of my buddies and I completed a South to North trek in 4 days. Had we not put the brakes on, we would have completed it in 3 days. So yes, you can hike the trail in 3 or 4 days, but you would be a fool to do so. There is way to much to see, explore, and absorb. This time, unfortunately, I felt I was viewing the amazing wonders of this trail in the rear view mirror. I recommend taking 7 or 8 days to explore the trail. I prefer the south to north trek. That way you are completing the most challenging part first, when you are fresh. I paid the $25 dollars for a hamburger at Chez Monique's. After dinning exclusively on Freeze dried food, it was a welcome change. I cannot really come close to adequately describing this trail in words. You need to experience it for yourself !

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Loved it
all the campsites were so wonderful and unique, the days were all different and as glad as we were to finish, I wanted to do it all over again wish I had known they there was a great waterfall to hike to up walbran river suposiblly 2 hrs in

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My group started at the south/difficult end and I had the time of my life! We trudged through the first 13km on the inland route to Campers. We decided against camping at Thrasher's because every hiker we encountered warned against the beach route around Owen Point; the whales were out and it was beautiful but the rain and the rock climbing made that part of the trail awful. Hikers with hypothermia, chipped teeth from slipping, and a gashed face was a risk we did not want. That said, those 13km were the hardest of my life. The mud was shin deep and the tree truck trails were slippery!

The ladders were a challenging but safe, with the exception of one rung missing on the north end of the hike. We saw cougar, mink, and eagle tracks. The beauty of the hike was..... words cannot do this hike justice.

Make sure you bring money for Chez Monique's! Burgers are $20 and are made of ground sirloin. Yummy! Beer, wine, pop/soda, and snack foods are there for purchase. She also has a complimentary hiker box where you can offload items you do not need or pick up items you want.

I was evacuated on the 4th day of our 6 day hike. I broke my pinky toe in camp and then hiked another 20km over the next couple days. By compensating for my right foot, blisters formed on my left which went blood deep and throw in beach sand into the mix; it was ugly. That said, there were three other evacuations that day: broken ankle, blown knee, and gashed face. Please be careful.

I plan to return to the north end and finish the norther potion of the hike.

Friday, May 09, 2014

Great hike! Did it in early May, taking 6 days. Could be done in 5, but that won't give you a lot of relaxing time. Next time would plan to take even more time! Beach route is definitely worth it if the tides are on your side. My partner and I packed light ( less than 50lbs total between us) which made it very enjoyable. It was VERY muddy, we didn't use gaiters but it was still, as you can rock or log jump around the really deep mud. Meet some great people. Definitely a hike a for any adventurers bucket list.