West Coast Trail (North to South)

West Coast Trail (North to South) is a 76.0 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Bamfield, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and backpacking.

76 km
1900 m
Point to Point

beach

Best Trail in Canada! Completed this one in September 2016. lucked out with only one day of torrential rain and the rest sun.

Likely one of the top multi day hikes on the planet - we saw black bears, orca whales, eagles, otters, deer, swam in waterfall filled pools, slept next to the roaring ocean, climb countless ladders, crossed rivers, counted stars ... if you love the outdoors, overnight hikes, and adventure - plan ahead, book in advance, and do this hike! Bring friends, or a loved one, it’s a long haul! Eat the crab at the river crossing and the burger on the beach!

The terrain and mud make this one of the most technical while relatively flat hikes you’ll encounter.

Amazing trail full of varied terrain with challenges from a walk in the forest to climbing over giant borders to ladders of all sizes and navigating tide tables. amazing views and people. We took 5 nights and 6 days. Think twice about every pound you carry...you will feel it.

Loved every minute of this hike

This trail kickstarted my love for hiking and camping. My buddy and I did it in 4 nights, but if I do it again I would go for 5 nights and make sure I spend a night at Tsusiat Falls. It's hard but doable, as long as you're prepared. Rained hard on the last day, so make sure all your gear is waterproof. And don't forget gaiters!

Best trip to get back into backpacking! Not quite as hard as I expected it to be but I had great weather

Wooooowwww!!!!

It was everything I thought it would be and more. I would recommend it. It's been a few years since I did the trail

So beautiful. I can't wait to do it again and spend more time in certain spots. Follow the Gray Whale migration north in the summer months! Many birds and intertidal wonders! Some trail sections are poorly maintained after flooding and high traffic. Trail is well marked and easy to follow. On a final note, be prepared - You better learn to like ladders!

Loved it!!!

best hiking experience ever, so beautiful

Thursday, November 03, 2016

An epically beautiful trail but a gut check for sure.