West Coast Trail (North to South)

West Coast Trail (North to South) is a 75.0 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Bamfield, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and backpacking.

75 km
1,508 m
Point to Point

beach

cave

old growth

A 75km temple.

Challenging yet beautiful. Wildlife. Falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Be prepared. This might not be the right choice for those scared of heights.

I packed thus trail from 6/3 to 6/9 2018
I'm 71 years old. I used every joint in my body. I've packed the Serrias and the Lost Coast. This is by far the most challenging pack I've done. you have to be prepared to crawl over rocks roots downed trees boulders. Then go through mud that sucks at your boots.
It was the first time I've used all my packing skills getting from one camp to another. This pack should be on anyone's to do list if they think they are a Backpacker...

A few have run it in 10 hours.

amazing Oceanside trail steeped in history. hard to get reservations for

North to south is the way to do it!

Without a doubt one of the best trails in Canada. The scenery and wildlife are stunning and the trail features some brilliant campsites, all of which are well maintained. Camping on the beach, swimming under waterfalls and scrambling over rock pools filled with creatures are just some of the highlights of a very memorable trip. But also be prepared for a tough slog through mud, up many ladders and through rain. Completely worth it when you spot a pod of orcas or a grey whale from the beach though!

What an amazing trail! From the ocean, waterfalls and Forrest views to the camping sites along the way. It got very challenging nearing the end but oh my, was it ever beautiful! Prepare to do some crazy Indiana Jones type stuff and climb lots of ladders. All in all, VERY worth it! Will be returning as soon as my blisters heal ;)
They have a saying for the west coast trail: blisters and bliss.

And bliss indeed.

great hike

Amazing life experience! A dream ❤️

What an amazing and unique hike! We completed this in August 2013. It was not so much physically challenging as it was mentally challenging. Prepare for the worst rain and mud ever so that when (and if) the sunshine comes you can soak it up and dry off. Otherwise just enjoy the amazing views of the coastlines and rain forests and the crab!

Campsites that we stayed at were all really well maintained. Lots of driftwood for campfires, ample bear boxes, standard privies.

Spent 7 days on this trail - blew me away. Saw a black bear, heard a cougar (yikes), saw some wolf tracks, and had a couple seals following me and my friend from the ocean 100 meters away - popping their heads out between waves. Unreal.

It's regulated to keep the traffic manageable, and the trail is maintained by local first nations groups. Be prepared (physically, mentally) to spend long periods of time with wet feet and gear.

This is a challenging and rewarding trail. Enjoy and safe adventures!

Best Trail in Canada! Completed this one in September 2016. lucked out with only one day of torrential rain and the rest sun.

Likely one of the top multi day hikes on the planet - we saw black bears, orca whales, eagles, otters, deer, swam in waterfall filled pools, slept next to the roaring ocean, climb countless ladders, crossed rivers, counted stars ... if you love the outdoors, overnight hikes, and adventure - plan ahead, book in advance, and do this hike! Bring friends, or a loved one, it’s a long haul! Eat the crab at the river crossing and the burger on the beach!

The terrain and mud make this one of the most technical while relatively flat hikes you’ll encounter.

Amazing trail full of varied terrain with challenges from a walk in the forest to climbing over giant borders to ladders of all sizes and navigating tide tables. amazing views and people. We took 5 nights and 6 days. Think twice about every pound you carry...you will feel it.

Loved every minute of this hike

This trail kickstarted my love for hiking and camping. My buddy and I did it in 4 nights, but if I do it again I would go for 5 nights and make sure I spend a night at Tsusiat Falls. It's hard but doable, as long as you're prepared. Rained hard on the last day, so make sure all your gear is waterproof. And don't forget gaiters!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Best trip to get back into backpacking! Not quite as hard as I expected it to be but I had great weather

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Wooooowwww!!!!

Monday, June 19, 2017

It was everything I thought it would be and more. I would recommend it. It's been a few years since I did the trail

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

So beautiful. I can't wait to do it again and spend more time in certain spots. Follow the Gray Whale migration north in the summer months! Many birds and intertidal wonders! Some trail sections are poorly maintained after flooding and high traffic. Trail is well marked and easy to follow. On a final note, be prepared - You better learn to like ladders!

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Loved it!!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

best hiking experience ever, so beautiful

Thursday, November 03, 2016

An epically beautiful trail but a gut check for sure.