Wedgemount Lake

Wedgemount Lake is a 10.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until September.

10.8 km
1241 m

Amazing steep but clear trail with a super nice but accessible scramble before the lake. Sleeping at the top was an AMAZING experience. Went on June 25 and it was still freezing at night so bring a warm sleeping bag or sleep in the hut!

It's totally worth the climb. By far the hardest hike I have ever done. Would forsure rate this extra hard if possible.

I wouldn't say this is a moderate trail, it is hard. It took us 4 hrs up and 3 back. Bring plenty of water and bug spray.

The trail is marked well, but you are climbing up the whole time. It can be done in a day, but honestly if I were to do it again, I would stay the night and take more time.

Amazing hike! My favorite so far. 3 hours up with lots of water and picture breaks, 2.5 down. Well marked! Once you get up there make sure you hike down to the lake and go for a dip! So refreshing! Bring Off as there are lots of mosquitoes but I covered myself in Off and only got one bike. Used 2 liters of water. It's pretty hard going up at times. I do the Grouse Grind on a regular and my heart was beating pretty good but easily doable for a relatively fit person. Definitely felt my knees and IT band on the way down but nothing compared to coming down Black Tusk, you don't need walking sticks if you have good knees.

Don't trust the app, it's not a moderate hike. The trail isn't well marked. Worth the time and effort, though.

Did the hike twice, first in 1972, then at night in Oct. 1979 en route to climbing Wedge the next morning. Trail is a little steep for novices but no problem. It's probably better nowadays. Running shoes NOT recommended. Back then the glacier dropped right into the lake. I understand it's retreated quite a bit since then. Awesome place to wake up to in the morning. Recommended for any reasonably fit person as a day trip or overnighter. Don't be put off by the comments below about it being tough. It's very doable by any fit person.

Hard but doable. I did it shortly after recovering from mono. Insanely beautiful views. Scrambling at top but not impossible in hiking boots. I would suggest bringing hiking poles for the trip down.

Very hard hike but one the most beautiful lakes I have ever seen

Did the hike today (sep beginning) ! Started at around 8.45 am and we got up by noon with a few water break . View was absolutely spectacular , Sky blue lake with towering snow capped mountains and a majestic glacier ... Once you get to the top you can spend 45 mins hiking to the foot of the glacier (highly recommend it - Twas unreal) . Please take along hiking poles , it'll save your knees and make the journey down much more pleasant .

While coming down , we left the top around 3 and got to the parking lot by 5.45 pm