Wedgemount Lake

Wedgemount Lake is a 10.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until September.

10.8 km
1205 m

Nice one! 1 foot of brand new snow on sept 20 to make it harder!
But it worth the efforts when you finally reach the lake :)
So far one on the hardest trail I’ve done as going down was almost as difficult than going up

Nice one! 1 foot of brand new snow on sept 20 to make it harder!
But it worth the efforts when you finally reach the lake :)

Difficult but rewarding.

Very nice hike not too long so we had time to climb up mount cook and the view was just amazing!!

this one is a lot of climbing. no rest. but very good. scenic at the top 1/3

The most jaw-dropping, scenic place I ever been to. Can't wait to get back up there for another overnight.

Amazing steep but clear trail with a super nice but accessible scramble before the lake. Sleeping at the top was an AMAZING experience. Went on June 25 and it was still freezing at night so bring a warm sleeping bag or sleep in the hut!

It's totally worth the climb. By far the hardest hike I have ever done. Would forsure rate this extra hard if possible.

I wouldn't say this is a moderate trail, it is hard. It took us 4 hrs up and 3 back. Bring plenty of water and bug spray.

The trail is marked well, but you are climbing up the whole time. It can be done in a day, but honestly if I were to do it again, I would stay the night and take more time.

Amazing hike! My favorite so far. 3 hours up with lots of water and picture breaks, 2.5 down. Well marked! Once you get up there make sure you hike down to the lake and go for a dip! So refreshing! Bring Off as there are lots of mosquitoes but I covered myself in Off and only got one bike. Used 2 liters of water. It's pretty hard going up at times. I do the Grouse Grind on a regular and my heart was beating pretty good but easily doable for a relatively fit person. Definitely felt my knees and IT band on the way down but nothing compared to coming down Black Tusk, you don't need walking sticks if you have good knees.

Don't trust the app, it's not a moderate hike. The trail isn't well marked. Worth the time and effort, though.

Did the hike twice, first in 1972, then at night in Oct. 1979 en route to climbing Wedge the next morning. Trail is a little steep for novices but no problem. It's probably better nowadays. Running shoes NOT recommended. Back then the glacier dropped right into the lake. I understand it's retreated quite a bit since then. Awesome place to wake up to in the morning. Recommended for any reasonably fit person as a day trip or overnighter. Don't be put off by the comments below about it being tough. It's very doable by any fit person.

Hard but doable. I did it shortly after recovering from mono. Insanely beautiful views. Scrambling at top but not impossible in hiking boots. I would suggest bringing hiking poles for the trip down.

Very hard hike but one the most beautiful lakes I have ever seen

Monday, September 05, 2016

Did the hike today (sep beginning) ! Started at around 8.45 am and we got up by noon with a few water break . View was absolutely spectacular , Sky blue lake with towering snow capped mountains and a majestic glacier ... Once you get to the top you can spend 45 mins hiking to the foot of the glacier (highly recommend it - Twas unreal) . Please take along hiking poles , it'll save your knees and make the journey down much more pleasant .

While coming down , we left the top around 3 and got to the parking lot by 5.45 pm

Friday, August 19, 2016

Did it last weekend, I would have to agree with all the reviews. It is equivalent to 2 grouse grinds and one 500 m rock scrabble with a really high elevation gain at the end of the hike. The end hike is really steep and very technical...some parts are washed out which made me a little worried about going down. But, it's doable. The hike back down is a knee killer. Bring trekking poles if you have bad knees. If you don't have purifying tabs, 3 L would do you well. That would be on the safe side. I brought 4 L but, only used 3L. I would recommend doing it around August or September. Drier and less mosquitos and horse flies. Also, the lake will be swimmable if you get up there at the hottest time. However, it's still cold. Bring a light jacket or sweater to keep you warm after. The spectacular view makes up for the gruelling hike. I would do this again.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I would have rated the trail higher due to the spectacular view and the bluest water I've ever seen at the top, however, I don't think I would ever willingly do this trail again :) True to prior reviews, this is a very advanced and steep hike and is relentless on your joints on the way down - bring your trekking poles! The horse flies were obnoxious on the way up, but I had no idea how much we would miss them once the mutant mosquitos set in about halfway up. After nearly 5 hours of trekking up, we could only stand to be at the top for a few minutes due to the swarms. Bring your strongest cancer-causing Deet and I recommend layers and long sleeves even in the summer. The top has a bathroom, tent platforms and and a cute shelter. We started at a slower pace on the ascent around 1 pm and made it up and back to the car in a little over 8 hours.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Incredible hike! We did this mid June. Definitely a tough one, but well worth it. Wouldn't recommend for beginners, and your fitness level should be fairly decent. Bring plenty of layers as it's much cooler at the top, and good hiking shoes are a must. Lots of switchbacks, steep sections and the hardest part is closest to the top with many rocky scrambles and slippery sections. However, the top part is only around 20-30 minutes of a climb, and you can catch your breath viewing the stunning glacier-fed lake. Will definitely do again, and would love to camp here.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Awesome hike. Definitely a work out.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

July 10-11, 2015. Very steep hike with a full pack! Great platforms for tents. Nice hike from the lake to the glacier. Bug spray a must once the sun goes down. But cannot ask for a better place to tent!