Vedder Mountain Ridge Trail is a 8.9 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

8.9 km
377 m

Can you bike this trail

great family hike but no view... hard to show the kids how far they climbed when we couldnt see anything. regardless we had a great time. baby in the pack and our 3, 5 and 7yr olds hiked in and out like little champs!

we will do it again if the look pit gets trimmed back a bit

I thought I really enjoyed it! Many different forest feels.

Lovely treed, dry forest floor. Well marked trail (once you find the trailhead) that would be good underfoot for trail running. Rolling terrain with some nice views,but mostly in trees along ridge. If you take the Vedder Mountain Trail Road (look for wood post with vertical lettering, 3km from Parameter Road), turn right, drive 0.7km along this "new" road that needs high clearance to get over the ditches. Park at the end on the RIGHT, the trail head is hidden behind the dirt mount to your LEFT.
I was the only hiker the day I was there. Very peaceful hike. Dry trail with soft forest floor, very few roots and rocks. Very well maintained thanks to VMTA.
I hiked 4km out and back (8km total) in about 2:40.. I am not a fast hiker, though. Short on time so I did not get to do the rope section.

Great up and down walk with some nice views.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Logging has wrecked it.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Amazing hike, we originally planned on doing the Abby grind (this was much better) and had a blast. Trail head was quite hard to find.

Monday, August 14, 2017

An excellent trail, quite different from some others we've done. One thing I noticed was how quiet and peaceful it was on the trail. It's one I plan to do again, many times.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Nice view at the top but there are many better trails in Chilliwack.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Fun and pretty trail to hike, great in the fall.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Excellent hike. The terrain is quite different to the rain forest type I'm used to doing. A gorgeous little lake hidden in the forest adds to the wonder of a silent world. I've only encountered such quiet in deserts.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

I have only done this trail once but I really enjoyed it. Not too difficult at the top and there was a nice breeze at the time. 4 x 4 is recommended to get to the trailhead.

Monday, March 27, 2017

There is no mountain biking on this trail. Once you get to the trail head it is an awesome hike that takes you through various terrain. Bring your own water as the pond near the top is questionable for drinking water.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It was ok. I don't think I would do it again.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Really enjoyable hike, it's up and down with a short rope section near the top. Took about 5 hours roundtrip. Would suggest taking a high clearance vehicle to get to the trailhead.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great trail, well maintained with some difficult sections. Fabulous views of the valley floor from Yarrow north and of Columbia Valley.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Cool trail

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Lovely hike under the canopy. This hike is more for the walk. The summit has no real wow factor. The view of the Fraser valley has become obstructed by the trees but the view of Columbia Valley and the far south side of Cultus Lake and Lindel Beach is quite nice.
Good hike for kids as there is a neat ladder and ropes to pull yourself up a rock face.
Good all year!