Upper Pierce Lake via Pierce Lake Trail is a 9.8 mile out and back trail located near Fraser Valley E, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length9.8 miElevation gain5144 ftRoute typeOut & back
dog friendlyHikingNature tripsSnowshoeingForestLakeViewsWildlifeBugsMuddyRockyScrambleSnow
Description
Waypoints (0)

This challenging trail takes you to a beautiful hidden mountain top lake (Upper Pierce Lake). Includes a mixture of steep, forested switchbacks, creek crossings, boulder fields and some scrambling. Some parts of the trail, had loose shale.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (15)
Photos (124)
Recordings (13)
Completed (164)
Dan Wilson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 24, 2020
View Dan's Recording
jon white
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 4, 2020
HikingGreat!

The trail is beautiful, grinding you here and there, when you come to the lower lake you can see it through the woods, I was going to the upper lake so I didn’t stop to get a good view of the lake , around 1 km farther you come out of the forest into a field of wildflowers ,the lake and mountains all around you , I had to go back in the forest and come back out again , it was so beautiful, continuing farther up the trail the views just get better and better . I would guess around two and a half km between the two lakes, Your reward a beautiful lake and mountains all around Be sure to bring hiking poles , they will help your stability , and your joints will thank you, you go from 2 wheel drive to 4x4 I just wanted to say that because they have made hiking so much easier for me . Ok have fun on your hike, leave early so you can enjoy day and maybe a dip

Tyler Harrison
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 1, 2020
RunningGreat!

Awesome hike, there is a couple cliff jumping spots where I say would be about 10-30 feet at upper lake. I jumped August 30th and I was not to cold. Good place to camp and huck some flips!

Liam A
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 31, 2020
View Liam's Recording
Liam A
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 29, 2020
View Liam's Recording
Dre M
HikingGreat!RockyScramble

The descent makes this the hardest trail I've done. The ascent is a grind, but do-able (think: consecutive Grouse Grinds). After lower Pierce, the trail opens up to a field of wildflowers (at the time of writing: Aug 30) and a spectacular view of the lake. From here, the trail gets really fun and interesting: stream crossings, a little scrambling, some ropes to assist the treacherous parts. There are some open fields of broken shale, and I found this to be the most challenging. My ankles and feet were very sore, and I was tentative with my steps because the rocks were unstable. At the time of writing, there was no snow. Once you reach Upper Pierce, you are rewarded with the most picturesque, idyllic, magnificent little lake! It really is the "hidden lake" of your dreams! Of note: though sunny and clear, the wind picked up and we were chilled to the bone. We were prepared enough to stay 30 minutes, but had to hit the trail to head back down (we did out/back in one day). I had visions of jumping in the lake when we left, but the wind would have made it very difficult to warm again. If you are fantasizing about jumping in, make sure you have a space blanket (and a tent, and a fire going, and and and :-) The descent here is my primary reason for writing this review. "REALLY HARD" would be how I describe it? My knees were screaming and every step down was just so painful. I will note, we were passed many times by very experienced trail runners. I was in absolute AWE of their agility and speed - without exception they were cheerful and friendly, laughing with us about how tough the hike was. I was really excited that Gary Robbins (google him!) had passed us, and luckily - he was at the parking lot when we got to our cars. I had the opportunity to ask him if this trail is "hard" in his estimation and he laughed and said "YES! OMG this trail kicks my ass every time I do it!!" So, hard for all of us! <3 I tracked the ascent and descent separately, and only the ascent is recorded here. We moved at the same pace going down - so somewhere between 10-11 hrs total moving time. I worried that I would never walk again (ha!) but next day, I'm fine. Feet and ankles are a little tender but otherwise just fine. p.s. my friends' sweet 40lb dog made it up and down with enthusiasm! p.s.s. I can't imagine having done this without poles!

Alex Rodrigue
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 23, 2020
Hiking

The view at the summit is just amazing! We began at 8h am and many parkings were available. So you don't have to worry about that. After the upper Pierce lake, the trail is very narrow (one person at the time).

View Alex 's Recording
Masood Rad

Beautiful trail Nice weather

Devansh Babla
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 22, 2020
View Devansh's Recording
Art Vandelay
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 15, 2020
View Art's Recording
Amy Wiebe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 12, 2020
First to Review

Such a beautiful hike, well worth going to Upper Pierce.

Kim M
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 11, 2020
HikingMuddyOff trailRockyScrambleSnow
View Kim's Recording
Matt Slykhuis
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 27, 2020
Running
View Matt's Recording
Matthew Golke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 17, 2020
View Matthew's Recording
Jade Lenton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 27, 2020
View Jade's Recording