Tod Inlet Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Central Saanich, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

This is a well maintained trail which is part of Gowland Tod Provincial Park. Tod Inlet trail makes a gentle descent (2km) through tall cedars, pine, and fur trees. Most of the path is shaded with patches of sunshine forcing its way through the canopy. Once you reach the bottom of the trail, there are benches along the water's edge for relaxing. Strollers and wheelchairs can be used for the entire hike on the main trail. There are also offshoots from the main trail for hikers which descent the ravine to the stream; the steep sections are fortified with stairs.

Gorgeous views of the Inlet! This place is picturesque, well worth it to check it out. The main trail is wide & fairly flat. It is quite rocky, so bring good shoes.

bridge out

I grew up walking this trail with family, friends, after school care, you name it. It will forever hold a special place in my heart. Also, SNOOPY TREE

Really nice trail! Right now the part of the trail closest to the creek is under restoration.

Nice stroll if you want to walk to water. Restored beach and dock area at farthest end. Lots of dogs, wide age range of hikers.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Nice easy trail with only slight descent on way to inlet. Lots of historical cement foundations of old cement factory. Beautiful flowers popping up and beach offers picnic tables and lovely beach. My recording was only for one way, forgot to set it.?

Sat Apr 13 2019

Nice little trail. Gets pretty busy during the summer with people going to swim.

Tue Apr 17 2018

flat, short easy trail..

Sun Apr 01 2018

Wed Jan 17 2018

So beautiful!

Mon Mar 20 2017

Easy walk paths along the ruahing river that leans into an inlet. flat land with a slight slope upwards on the way back. 30 min total walking time. has a small beach to sit at the inlet.

Thu Jul 24 2014

This was an easy, relaxing hike which astounded me with its beauty. Once I made my way down the well-maintained path, I relaxed on a bench and watched the activities in the inlet. From birds chirping, to yachts and sail boats floating at their moorings, I had lots lot look at. I met up with 10-15 other people, some with dogs, and all were friendly. I would do this hike again and again if I was a local, but I live in California. Still, I plan to return again!

Mon Jun 30 2014