Mt Thom

Mt Thom is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.6 km
466 m

Thom Creek is a point-to-point trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia. The trail is good for all skill levels.

Mount Thom is nice. View is good. Some steeper sections. I’m not a fan of undulating trails. I’d sooner do all up ... so the return is all down, but that’s my preference. Path is clear and wide enough. Easy to find and easy to park. Bathroom at sylvan drive trailhead.

love the veiw of chilliwack

36 degrees and lots of wildfire smoke in the air, so I did the loop from the park, not the climb from Promontory. Nice little trail, all shade except the lookout points. I'll come back and do it the hard way once the weather goes below 30!

amazing views at summit

Nice trail to get in shape on. Good for a family stroll. Steep(ish) in parts, but no touch hike at all. Nice view from the summit overlooking Chilliwack, with views of Cultus lake. We hiked end of July - no bugs, and trees offered shade from afternoon sun.

A great trail to get in shape on! It's well-maintained and has lots of varied terrain, so you can always run if it's not challenging enough. Gets a little busy, but nowhere near the crowds of other trails.

It was enjoyable, but just decent relative to other hikes I've done.

Great view of chilliwack and a great little trail run or hike for the family

it good

This was my first hike up Mt Thom and I wasn't expecting to be so steep and hard but I'm no athlete and will be back again soon! My 9 year old accompanied me and it was tough for him too but we enjoyed ourselves.

Lots of people and dogs, good for kids, nice view

Awesome! Lots of eagles, hawks, and ravens!

Great conditions, simple uphill, outstanding view, lots of eagles

Nice trail. No horses are allowed ( maybe back when it wasn't as developed) porta potty at base which is nice

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It was ok hike

Saturday, January 07, 2017

It's a little underwhelming, but nice if you want to introduce someone to hiking.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Beautiful view!! Only downside about going in winter is the trail can be a bit icy in spots. Definitely worth the hike at sunset!

Friday, December 02, 2016

Beautiful, and wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be. Definitely a moderate trail though. Beginners might find it difficult. All in all a nice hike!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great trail with easy access but can become quite busy at times

Thursday, July 07, 2016