The Juan de Fuca Marine Trail

The Juan de Fuca Marine Trail is a 40.7 kilometer point-to-point trail located near Capital, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from January until August.

40.7 km
1419 m
Point to Point

beach

My first multi night trail. We did it in 3 days 2 nights and it was awesome. If we do it again I would definitely take a little more time to enjoy the small things a little more. We did it in late July to early August and it was perfect weather. Plenty of water sources and camping was fun. Would definitely recommend it!

We only hiked from China beach to sombrio but none the less it was an amazing experience. The trail is extremely muddy so I would recommend wearing gaiters on it. Don't camp to close to the rising tides!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Friday, September 16, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, June 27, 2016

One of my favorite trails! Beautiful, but difficult to trail run on due to roots and other obstacles.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Did the hike in January of 2014. Not the best time of year, but well worth the mud and rain for the amazing views.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Amazing hike. Going to do it again!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Difficult to navigate in a few spots, steps washed out and a lot more rugged than we expected but SO worth it

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Great first time multi-day hike. Beginners should take the full 4 days, though.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Wonderful trail with many access points. Can be very muddy in after it rains.
Spectacular beaches, amazing forest trails, good signage. Always wild, west coast wildlife; fun to watch whales during the migration, sea-lions, vultures and more when 'in-season', very occasional black bears, nearly always seals, otters, and a huge variety of birds.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Amazing hike. A bit more difficult than I expected but so happy to have experienced it. Beautiful trail with opportunities to sleep on the beach and listen to the ocean as you fall asleep.