Sumas Mountain Trail

Sumas Mountain Trail is a 8.7 mile out and back trail located near Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from May until October.

I back into Sumas Mountain. I love hiking in it with my dog.

Didn't go the whole way - got to the lookout point and turned back, took about 2hrs total. Best to hike in smaller groups (i.e. pairs) because the trail is narrow and single-file most of the way.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Completed in late October. Poorly marked. Trails were super confusing and honestly wasn't sure where the top ever was. It was one of the most confusing hikes I've done yet. Wasn't even a ton of snow. Just no clear markings anywhere and even less when you got near the top.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sunday, November 22, 2015

great hike!!!

Thursday, October 01, 2015

A nice hike up from the trailhead to the Eastern Lookout. It took us about 4 hrs (2 up and 2 down) and we were hustling because the sun was going down. We did the last 30-40 minutes on headlamps and I'm thankful for whoever put up the reflective trail markets on the trees (orange/white). Saw a few others going up and down and even some people fishing at Chadsey Lake. My GPS clocked the whole trip at 12.3 km.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Easy hike up. Really clear view of the valley. Live close and love it for an evening hike

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Nice hike completed

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great hike! For sure a good work out. Chadsey lake at the top was beautiful!

Sunday, May 05, 2013

I hiked the trail with my scout group. Not only did we hike to Chadsy Lake ,but we camped there too. It was a blast and the scenery was amazing. Although I wanted to, I never ended up swimming in the lake, but I'm sure that would also have been a blast. Can't wait to go again.

Thursday, January 17, 2013