Stoney Hill Trail Loop is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Cowichan, British Columbia, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Loop

Was an easy trail with good directions. We started in the right direction which was easy and quick to the top views if you go to the left it’s an uneven hike a bit longer to the top. Some spots are dangerous keep your kids close and dogs on a leash. Beautiful views

Followed the green trail. Dog liked it. People very friendly on the trail

Super easy trail was my first time! Very clear directions. Two options easy (green) or difficult (blue) with clear cut signs and amazing views. No real obstacle would do it again! Perfect for a quick workout, alone time and nice views. Perfect for a picnic too when you get to the top. Does not take long at all! I did the easy one.

Fantastic little trail with stunning views!

One of my favourite trails to go on with my husband. The views are breathtaking and the eagles fly freely here. We will be back again :)

My wife and I love this trail very much. We will be back. PeaceLoveHappiness

This is my favourite hike! Super easy to follow! Moderate in some areas perhaps, but overall, one I do weekly!

Great easy trail. It was a little muddy in spots but nothing hurtful. There are multiple lookout spots. Absolutely gorgeous. For an easy trail the views definitely exceeded my expectations.

Easy trail ...killer view ....saw my first yellow ringneck snake .... the ring-necked snakes don't have a true venom gland they do have a similar structure called the Duvernoy's gland which produces a toxic saliva. So ring-necked snakes are indeed slightly venomous, their saliva contains a mild venom, which these type of snakes use to help them paralyze and subdue their prey.

Amazing trail, and views. Will 100% be doing this one again.

Fun trail with beautiful views, but not easy. Brought the kids in the stroller and we made it but not recommended. The half to the right is much easier then the left. Should probably be rated moderate.

5 days ago: beautiful views. The right fork is not as hilly as the left. A bit muddy but not too bad. Right for was an easy hike, the left fork is probably moderate

the loop is not easy. moderate at best. needs to be better rated

amazing views, nice waking trail & well sign posted. busy & well used trail! lots of little trails along the side to explore views, lookouts & nature.

Really pleasant little hike, more viewpoints than I expected based on the map. Took the easier route (to the right) and found it perfect for a beginner & out of shape hiker.

A little gem. First time and will not be the last. Awesome forest trail with open bluff vistas of the Salish Sea. Perfect for a short afternoon hike. A bit of a climb at times but almost everyone could do. A tad muddy in places but "who cares". Vistas are worth it.

flooded

Honest minute: I am fat and pretty out of shape. I took the right hand trail, and I'm glad I did. If you go the other way it's A LOT of uphill walking. If you're super fit and want a challenge then that's your path. It's quite muddy and flooded in spots. Did I feel like I was gonna die? Yes. Was it a try it? TOTALLY!

Always a nice easy, trail walk. Good for kids and dogs, just be careful to stay on the marked trail as there are steep cliffs.

A casual fun forest wander with a view of the ocean and Salt Spring Island, looking for crystals

Easy hike with amazing views!

I like to take this trail backwards since it's a little less steep going downhill on my knees. It's more uphill of course but it's still a generally easy hike. This way the views are closer to the end of the hike instead of having the forest portion at the end. There's no water available at this site but they do have a bathroom at the beginning of the hike. Children and dogs should be kept close as there is many steep cliffs and sharp rocks to be aware of.

This is by far my favourite trail, the views are amazing.

A glorious hike, it has beautiful scenic locations and is an enjoyable trail throughout the forest.