Stawamus Chief Trail

Stawamus Chief Trail is a 6.3 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Squamish, British Columbia, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.3 km
724 m

rock climbing

艰难的一行!挑战了自己

We did this with a group of Beaver Scouts back in June. Kids starting at age 5 and up and adults. A good leg workout and challenging for a new hiker.

Very tough!!

I'd say I'm a moderate hiker and my partner is not a hiker at all, we did the first peak fairly easily, was a bit rough on the knees going down. Super busy in the summer on the weekends, but nonetheless worth it when you see the view.

Amazing view. You can see the 1st and 2nd peaks from the top. Very challenging for the average hiker.

Steep with lots of stairs and high rock steps, make sure you wear good shoes. I went to the first peak with my dog. She was able to go off leash but I tied her up before the summit. A ladder and chains were in place to assist up the boulder. She probably could have scaled the rock but it seemed safer to leave her below. Pretty busy trail on a Tuesday mid-morning. Great for a short, intense hike with beautiful views.

After you get past the stairs, the rest is pretty easy. I'd say the stairs are probably 1/3rd of energy exertion on this hike. This trail is the least amount of work for the most amount of payoff :)

Stairs!! Stairs!! And more stairs!!! Recommend hiring the peaks in reverse order, so much better, so start with Peak #3!

Wasn't "hard" at all. I think hard would be a dangerous hike with lots of scrambling. There was none of that TBH
Just stairs and steady climb all the way. Good butt and leg burn. Beauty views