Stawamus Chief First Peak is a 3.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish, British Columbia, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.5 km
536 m

rock climbing

Took 3 hours and 15 in and out, with 30 mins up top. It’s steep very steep. Lots of stairs and rocks. Chains and ladders at the top. View is incredible. Was a great challenging hike

Amazing hike!! My husband and I took our dog on our hike and we loved how challenging the trails were. The peak was well worth the view. Our calves were sore for 3 days. Lol. We would do it again if we’re ever in the area.

We did this hike on the way back from whistler. Didn’t take too long, great if you’re looking for sore calf’s or a natural stair master.. the views at the top on a nice day are super rewarding and worth the quick hike up!

Such a gorgeous view! I am a beginner and was still able to manage. It was really tough and I took my time; took about 2 and a half hours. I recommend going early or on a week day.

Took my family to the second peak. More strenuous than I had explained to them. The chains, scrambling and awesome views at the peak made up for the up hill, multi-stair climb.

Went on a Friday after work and saw some guys paraglide off the top at sunset. It was more challenging than I expected, but the views were absolutely worth it - even before the paragliders showed up.

Great quarter-half day hike!! Did this after a day of climbing. Super fun scramble. Definitely recommend hiking shoes for this one, as the terrain is solid 3rd class. Met some wing suit base jumpers on their way up as we were coming down, so we ran down the trail and got down in time to watch them in flight!

Very difficulty uphill climb. The trail starts with wooden stairs and then becomes more of a scramble with rock stairs and finally chains and ladders. Worth the view!!!! Absolutely spectacular!

views were amazing and the trail is really well maintained.

Loved it! Lots of stairs but so peaceful within the trees. I did peak 1 and 2. I’m a fairly fast hiker and took me about 2.5 hrs which included photos and snack breaks at the tops

Really nice 45 min- 1 hour hike.

Great view !

Awesome hiking. Pretty difficult and not for a beginner. Make sure to know what you're getting yourself into. But the view is amazing once on the top. Trail got pretty busy when we were coming down. Recommend early morning hiking.

Great trail but way too busy now for locals.

Challenging trail Rocks a bit slippery it rained most of the time .

super hard

Magnificent view... a bit steep with some chains closer to the top to help with the hike over the stones

Friday, September 08, 2017

Stairs! Stairs! and more stairs!!! Do the loop counterclockwise - so start your ascent to the third peak then second then first. Beautiful sunset views, but need lamps for descent.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Easy to follow trail. View from the top was well worth the work!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great views at the top, but you *will sweat on the way up! luckily, it's shaded with tree coverage on the way up, for those hot days!