I did the hike on July 16, 2018! Statlu lake is an amazing place specially in a sunny day, which is how the day was in my hike!
First part until the second creek crossing the hike is easy and nice walk, which is around 2/3 of the entire way! After the second crossing the slope starts moderate and gets steep once you approach the lake! Hard part going in a smooth pace should take around 1 hrs! The third and last water crossing right at the big waterfall had almost no water, so didn’t need to take shoes off, but I guess earlier in summer it must have had lots of water running! After the third crossing the lake is just a matter of few minutes hiking and then just enjoy it!
Going all the way to the end of the lake is very worthwhile but the trail is bushy, lots of wild blueberries! Besides that bushy part, the trail is ok!
My GPS showed me more than the 9 km that appears on the description of the trail, I got 13.2 km round trip if you go past of the lake entrance!
Still totally feasible, I’m not an athlete and carried my 1 year old baby with me! Lol!