Silver Spray & Woodbury Basin

Silver Spray & Woodbury Basin is a 16.6 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Central Kootenay E, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, bird watching, and backpacking and is best used from July until October.

Distance: 16.6 km Elevation Gain: 1,326 m Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike to Woodbury in the summer of 2017.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Hands down the best hike I’ve done so far.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

With just over 1000m elevation gain over 7km, be prepared to go up, and up, and more up. Did this in mid September and the colours were spectacular! The Silver Spray cabin is worth spending the night at. Make sure you book with Alpine club Canada as it only has spots for 10 people. I wouldn't recommend the road for low clearance vehicles, overnight rain eroded it even more. I got through the last little stretch ok but made my Subaru Forester work for it on the way back!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hiked up to Silver Spray Cabin many, many times! Absolutely my fav! 2years ago did the Traverse from Woodbury hut to Silver Spray Cabin... awesome! Going again this fall!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The hike to Woodbury Glacier was perhaps the most spectacular alpine hike I have taken. I stumbled upon it accidentally. It was the closest trail to Nelson that was open for use, due to grizzly bear sightings, although hikers at the trailhead reported grizzlies (mother & cub) in a huckleberry patch just up from the parking lot. The whole hike was below treeline. We hiked to a point above the glacial canyon opposite the glacier which was rounded and receding but magnificent.

Friday, October 05, 2018