Sherbrooke Lake is a 5.1 kilometer out and back trail located near Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 km Elevation Gain: 248 m Route Type: Out & Back

Sherbrooke Lake Falls: 51.44168557557728 N -116.35171551257372 W

Sherbrooke Lake Falls           51.44168557557728      N     -116.35171551257372      W

entrance location 51°26'21"N 116°21'21"W

We hiked this trail on October 18th. The trail was a gradual incline but with the fresh snow and muddy trail underneath it was a little tricky to navigate. The views at the end of the trail were beautiful. The lake already had a snow covered top, we imagine it would be more spectacular in the summer time. Would love to come back and hike it again in a different season.

Hiked with six years old. No issues at all. Fabulous view near the end. Love the fall color along the trail and the green color of the lake.

We hiked to the lake and continued past to the next meadow. Views of waterfall and peaks were awesome. Meadow was beautiful. Trail was muddy but passable. We will return when better prepared for a stream crossing to continue the hike to Niles Meadow and Peak.

This was one of my favorite trails but also thought it was a bit harder than what it was led out to be. Maybe its because it was my 3rd hike of the day (totaled out at just over 13 miles that day) or maybe it's because I'm not as in shape as some people, or perhaps a combination of it all, but there was quite a bit uphill for me. That being said, every single step was worth it. We started our hike around 4:30pm and had the trail to ourselves, we made it to the lake and it was the most spectacular color and we had that all to ourselves too. I really loved this hike and would definitely recommend

Just gorgeous. A perfect hike for a beginner who wants to dip their toe into the backcountry but isn’t looking for an intimidating challenge. The lake is beautiful and is such a treat for the amount of effort required.

This was an excellent trail , be careful on the wet rocks or you will fall !! What an excellent hike !!

If this lake was anywhere else in the world, people would flock to it. A stunning shade of blue-green that, in my opinion, rivals any nearby lake. The immediate surroundings aren't as spectacular as, say, Bow Lake, but Mount Ogden and the Cathedral Crags still make for stunning scenery. First mile of the hike is an entirely forgettable walk through forest. Shortly after the junction with the Paget Peak Route, the woods slowly thin and offer obstructed glimpses of Sherbrooke Lake. You'll need to go further along the shoreline trail - the best vista spots are two miles in - for the expansive views. It looks like the trail continues past the Niles/Sherbrooke Lake confluence, meaning one can travel as far as he/she pleases. We turned back two miles in due to waning daylight. Great 4-5 mile hike that's less trafficked than others in the area.

Well maintained trail. Beautiful non technical.

We really enjoyed this hike- started around 12 and there was still lots of parking left. Well maintained trail. It’s rated as easy here, I would call the first half of the trail a solid “moderate” as it’s a little steep and lots of rocks and roots. Lots of shade throughout. The lake at the end was a great ending to the hike!

Simply amazing. Must do!

Wife and I loved it, more rugged than the other more popular trails we’ve done this week. Hardly anyone on the trail or at the lake. Bigger than it looks in the pics, trail was in great shape, elevation change was gradual and quite manageable. Had lunch on a rock by the lake, great time. Trailhead had room for maybe 20-25 cars, most of which were taken.

recorded Recording - Jul 28, 04:31 PM

just the return track from the waterfall lookout.

Beautiful hike with lots of wildflowers and a variety of trees. It looked like it came straight from a fairy tale. The lake was a beautiful blue and was nice to sit and hangout by but way too cold to swim in.

Gentle hike for all ages and experience. Just went to the lake and couldn’t go beyond as I had two little nephews with me.

Officially one my my favourite lakes ever!!! I went after a 10 km hike so this one was done afterwards later that evening and my god it was stunning with NOONE around!!!! 100% returning to hike through the valley past the lake !! Insta: ofer_em

The way to the lake is uphill, but it is beautiful and quiet. Went in late July and we barely passed any people. It was quiet and peaceful at the lake. The water is SOO blue and clear. I would recommend this over Lake Louise if you’re up for a short hike. I would also recommend walking along the lake up to the waterfall.

Went up to Sherbrooke Lake today for a quick after-work hike, lots of bugs once the sun went down but overall trail was dry except for a few wet bits. Not too many people after 5:00pm, but beautiful views once you get to the lake! Some steep bits. Highly recommend.

Hiked in the rain. Took about an hour to get to the lake. Beautiful trail but muddy. Wear good shoes.

Nice hike!

July 7th, 2019. Hike to lake is through the trees with muddy sections. There are minor streams to cross most of the way and part of trail along lake was submerged by the lake. We kept going until the meadow hoping to hike to the amphitheater but it was really boggy and mozzies were abundant. We doubled back and ate lunch at the waterfall. Beautiful view of the mountains and lake. Pagets peak is another option on the same trail but it was cloud covered so we gave it a miss.

this trail is on the moderate side of easy due to a couple of inclines. parts of trail were very muddy. trail became busy in early to mid-afternoon. the view of the mountains and the lake at the end are quite nice.

Fairly short, quick, easy hike. Quiet and peaceful, which is a nice change of pace from many of the other spots around Lake Louise.

Wed May 22 2019

beautiful hike. still a lot of snow from half way up and imagine will be for the next month or so, can be confusing as to were the trail leads. recommend snow shoes and good hikers