Ram Creek Hot Springs is a 9.0 kilometer out and back trail located near East Kootenay E, British Columbia, Canada that features hot springs and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Distance: 9.0 km Elevation Gain: 278 m Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

My gf and I visited on a Sunday afternoon during our quest to find secluded, natural hot springs and were a bit disappointed. To get to the start of the “trail”, we took a 50min drive on gravel down Whiteswan Lake Forest SR, drove past Lussier hot springs, made a right on Lussier River Forest SR S, took a right on White Ram Forest SR, and continued until we were uncomfortable with driving on the road (the reason I write “trail” in quotations is the first 2.5miles of the route is actually White Ram Forest Service Road). Lifted vehicles with 4WD, high ground clearance, and a driver with high risk tolerance can drive the entire length of the road to the start of the actual trail. We were passed by a couple of vehicles while walking on the road and felt a little silly that we had given up prematurely on the drive. The actual hike to the warm springs took about 10min (roughly 0.2miles) and was easy. In total we saw 28people and a couple of dogs: 20people walking to/from the warm springs and 8ppl at the springs when we arrived. Unfortunately, our secret hot springs are no longer a secret. Pro tip: wear water shoes at the springs. The water is murky/slimy and there was broken glass along the edge of one of the pools. 2nd Pro tip: one of the locals at the warm springs informed us that there is a shorter drive/hike option from Premier Lake down Sheep Creek Rd.

the hot spring pools are a perfect hidden gem. most of the hike is on a service road. once you get on the trail it's only 9 minutes to the pools. once you see a yellow DANGER sign, climb the little hill behind it and enjoy the privacy the pools provide. I'm glad not many people know about this spot. I had the place all to myself for as long as I wanted.