Radium Lake

Radium Lake is a 17.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October.

17.7 km
1298 m

This hike was one of my favorites, but only because I went all the way to Mount. Web and Radium Lake was on the way. I wouldn't suggest this one just for the lake because the lake wasn't all that beautiful...but Mount Web was breathtaking and I'll never forget it☺

start at chilliwack lake prov. park. we took a group of 6 to radium lake in 4.5h full overnight packs. we reccomend camping at the saddle between mt. webb and mt. mcdonald, there was water up there. lots of campsites as well. from there the summit is only 40 min. incredible views and quite an elevation gain. total hiking time was 6.5h to the saddle and 4h return.

Monday, August 22, 2016

If starting from the Chilliwack Lake day use area, it's around 24km round trip. Trail is quite steep in some sections, especially towards the end. Surprised to see so many people hiking it in running shoes. The terrain is quite rugged towards the top. Proper boots will be beneficial. Also keep in mind the elevation, it can get cold at the lake even in summer months. We needed our jackets while eating lunch at the lake. Most people had nothing more than the t-shirt they hiked up in.

Next time we plan on doing this as an overnight to ensure we have enough time and energy to summit Mt. Webb

Tuesday, September 03, 2013