Pump Peak

Pump Peak is a 6.8 kilometer out and back trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.8 km
474 m

skiing

Doable for a beginner but you will be pushing your limits if you are out of shape. lots of great views on the way up and down and the view from pump peak is great.

a handle of sections with snow, maybe 50 meters all together.

Great trail. Very steep and relatively dry right now. My two complaints are the trail is not well marked and the bugs. Make sure to bring a compass with you as there are some parts where cell service is spotty. I didn’t bring bug spray or a net but if I had I’m sure it would have been better! Worth it regardless!

Great hike. Small scramble at the end. 90% still snow covered.

Fantastic Scenery

Did this hike on a Saturday morning with a stop at Mystery Lake and Brockton Peak. Great trail and the app navigation works very well. Pretty busy on the way out but saw few people on the way in. This might be because we took the Old Trail to Pump Peak. Not marked and some scrambling but enjoyed every part of it. Great panoramic views. Bugs were not too bad as there was a pretty good breeze in the open parts.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Be prepared to ingest some bugs. I don't know what it's like year round, but the flying bugs made this a less than ideal hike -- they followed me the whole way. Because it starts at such a high elevation, most of the trail is snow even in July, which I was not prepared for. I also don't recommend going off to the left to the shorter route near the top. I couldn't figure out how to climb what seemed like the shear rock wall just short of the summit. The view near the top was stunning though.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017