Pincushion Mountain Trail

Pincushion Mountain Trail is a 3.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Peachland, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.4 km
245 m

I took the trail running all the way up and running all the way down with a 5 year-old. I would rate it as an easy trail, if you're fit. It's fun with rocks to climb. The view at the top is nice but not spectacular. As far as wildlife goes, I spotted an american goldfinch and from the flag at the top, saw some predator bird surfing on hot air to get higher in the sky.
Fun trail.

Not an easy trail in my mind. Length was not challenging, but a fairly steady incline. And the footing was a bit loose and sandy, so when combined with narrow steep trails I wouldn’t bring anyone here who isn’t very steady on their feet. Ascent wasn’t too challenging but the descent was a bit slippery! Very nice view of the valley when you reach the Canada Flag.

Definitely not an easy trail in my opinion but very enjoyable and beautiful views

Great climb. My wife forgot her shoes and completed the hike in flip flops and survived.

I agree with others - wouldn’t classify this as an easy hike... probably moderate with some rocky sections to scramble over.

Was a workout. I did not consider it easy at all. Unless this trail is different from the ascent I did on pincushion.

Nice hiking trail.

Visiting from the west coast and was looking for an easy hike with a great view. The view didn't disappoint, but it’s one that you can see the entire trek up, so no Wow! moment when reaching the top. I wouldn't classify this as an easy hike. Elevation and distance were fine, but the trail is challenging in areas and not maintained (ie: steps have eroded, scrambling over boulders) There was a lot of loose rock that made the first portion of the trail a bit sketchy. I had really good hikers on and took a tumble coming down. This hike should be rated moderate in my opinion.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Aug 10, 2017: Took the family (12 & 17 yrs old kids) & there was some challenging sections but totally worth the summit, the picture with the Canadian Flag & signing the log book! Going down was harder & we slipped a few times on the gravel in the steep areas. Great leg workout & bring water!!!
I would rate this as Moderate level, there are areas that were not easy where you have to climb up rocks.
It took us 3 hours total. That includes the 30 mins at the summit hanging out. We took it a little slower going up.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

stellar lakeviews from the top but the loose terrain makes it not as fun on the way down.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Fantastic hike and great view! Our 3 year old followed and got the right amount of adventure up to the flag...

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This was a nice hike for me and my daughter just the right amount distance and adversity.

Monday, June 12, 2017

I was looking for a quick hike to break up my log drive from Seattle to Banff. This one was super convenient and challenging enough to wear me out. There were a few other people but not crowded. Easy parking. Safe area

Friday, June 09, 2017

This certainly is not what I would personally call an easy hike. Moderate for sure, uneven rocky inclines, not for someone just wanting a stroll. However beautiful views and a great trail.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017