Pincushion Mountain Trail

Pincushion Mountain Trail is a 3.4 kilometer out and back trail located near Peachland, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.4 km
245 m

I agree with others - wouldn’t classify this as an easy hike... probably moderate with some rocky sections to scramble over.

Was a workout. I did not consider it easy at all. Unless this trail is different from the ascent I did on pincushion.

Nice hiking trail.

Visiting from the west coast and was looking for an easy hike with a great view. The view didn't disappoint, but it’s one that you can see the entire trek up, so no Wow! moment when reaching the top. I wouldn't classify this as an easy hike. Elevation and distance were fine, but the trail is challenging in areas and not maintained (ie: steps have eroded, scrambling over boulders) There was a lot of loose rock that made the first portion of the trail a bit sketchy. I had really good hikers on and took a tumble coming down. This hike should be rated moderate in my opinion.

Aug 10, 2017: Took the family (12 & 17 yrs old kids) & there was some challenging sections but totally worth the summit, the picture with the Canadian Flag & signing the log book! Going down was harder & we slipped a few times on the gravel in the steep areas. Great leg workout & bring water!!!
I would rate this as Moderate level, there are areas that were not easy where you have to climb up rocks.
It took us 3 hours total. That includes the 30 mins at the summit hanging out. We took it a little slower going up.

stellar lakeviews from the top but the loose terrain makes it not as fun on the way down.

Fantastic hike and great view! Our 3 year old followed and got the right amount of adventure up to the flag...

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This was a nice hike for me and my daughter just the right amount distance and adversity.

Monday, June 12, 2017

I was looking for a quick hike to break up my log drive from Seattle to Banff. This one was super convenient and challenging enough to wear me out. There were a few other people but not crowded. Easy parking. Safe area

Friday, June 09, 2017

This certainly is not what I would personally call an easy hike. Moderate for sure, uneven rocky inclines, not for someone just wanting a stroll. However beautiful views and a great trail.

Saturday, June 01, 2013