Norvan Falls is a 16.7 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 16.7 km Elevation Gain: 418 m Route Type: Loop

Hike is accessible year round but you will need crampons in the winter.

2km walk to start of trail due to road being closed. Limited parking in the neighbourhood. We veered off at the loop and trekked to Norvan Falls and trekked back through the Headwaters trail, doing a 20km loop for a challenge. Cedar Mills is very scenic and easy. Good for all groups.

Highly recommend but water fall a little underwhelming. Great for people who want a long walk in the woods as it’s relatively flat.

Not the most exciting trail. Pretty flat the entire way. Waterfall at the end is quite nice.

was really enjoyable me and my boyfriend had a great time. I'm a beginner hiker and already done so many awesome trails in BC I live here and lived here for a while my enjoyments I get out of these hikes are awesome....bumbed out because everything is closed because of this Pandemic and lots of people here and there but can't wait to explore more when all this goes away and we have a healthier safer feeling when we get out there and enjoy the outdoors again

bridge out

I would say this is a really nice weekend hike overall with the trails were really really Rocky and my friend almost twisted her ankles. The fall itself was super nice a little water is kind of cold make sure to bring water and sufficient food supply there's no cell coverage for 70% of the trail. with good pacing I would say this trail is Right commended for intermediate or beginners. this trial will be a lot nicer if there were less rocks and better paved trails. -@visuals.andrechan

Great long hike to escape the city. Hiked for awhile and would not see many people.

icy

Did this in less than 4.5 hours! Great hike but the waterfall wasn’t that amazing.

would not recommend if you are seeking isolation as this is a very well traveled path the views are very pretty and it is a long but easy hike.

icy

Great trail, hit icy patches started just before Third Debris Chute. I had my trail running shoes on- it’s doable. Clears up the last two kms. Very dog friendly! We crossed the river and got a better view of the falls. Ice surrounded it- super beautiful! 5.5 hr round trip from Seymour demonstration parking lot , through Varley Trail, to Lynn Headwaters up to the falls and back. A must see before all the ice goes away!

icy

Great hike! There are still some snowy/icy sections, but overall it is manageable. We brought a pair of yaktracks and it made the whole hike a breeze!

icy

lovely trail. I went there with a very beginner hiker. the trail itself was easy for both of us and we would have finished it in 4.5 hours. it took us a bit longer than 5 hours because of the icy condition. on a showery Tuesday, the traffic was light as well :) the view of the fall was nice and we loved the suspension bridge :)

There is some snow on the trail as of February 3 but the fall isn't frozen. I just used my running shoes didn't felt like there was need of Crampons or snow shoes. overall really nice and easy trail. on your way back don't take headwaters trail after you have reached the debris chute opening. Just take the cedar mills trail. Same on the way up aswell

As of Saturday, no frozen falls. =( There was snow on the trail so we used crampons but with heavy rain I'm sure they will turn into slush soon, and we crossed a few rocky creeks.

My buddy and I did this trail all the way to Norvan Falls and it was incredible! We jumped into the frigid waters. July 2019

Great trail. Well marked and maintained. Falls are nice. Pretty easy for a long hike.

Awesome hike. From the closest parking lot, it’s about 5 hours with no stops, but plan for 6. Wear water proof shoes as the trail has water running over it in several spots. Definitely not for novice hikers or people with poor balance. There’s a few spots where you have to climb over rocks to cross small creeks and could be dangerous. The falls were hard to photograph as there’s no good way to get close, but if you’re going just for the view, it’s stunning!

icy

Super fun for trail running, I prefer to take the high road on the way out and then come back along the river. Fairly technical single track most of the way. Bring spikes late fall to early spring.