Norvan Falls

Norvan Falls is a 16.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

16.9 km
498 m

1 hour ago

Good hike today. Not too many people on the trail. I would avoid it on the weekend.

Fairly easy route for a trail run. The first bit is fairly flat and smooth, while the second part gets a bit more rugged. It's a great trail to run with your dog since there is water along the entire route so they can cool off easily along the way.

Our family did yesterday June 23rd . First part to the Water Fall was easy , after Suspension Bridge was medium then hard but very beautiful and fun .

Did this today Jun 18/18.
This to me was a pretty hard hike considering I did one in Pitt Meadows earlier in the morning. Maybe if I only did this then it would've been a little less stressful on my ankles. quite a long hike.. about 6.5km in and 6.5km back some rough terrain but also some straight paths.. waterfall is amazing and while ur there, dip ur foot in the freezing water.. it'll help with sore ankles like mine. lol. would definitely do it again!

Good hike I enjoyed it

A great day at the trail.. I highly recommend this and I would suggest to go as early as possible to beat the crowds...
lovely views and not technical at all. 5hrs return and spend at least 30 min at the falls, absolutely worth it. All dogs welcome . went June 9. 2018 great walk ..

The first half is just a normal trail then progressively harder more challenging. Good hiking boots are required unless you want to turn an ankle. If your young and in good shape you’ll have no problem but if your 70 like me and still in good shape expect a few sore muscles the next day.

Its a pretty good intermediate hike in my opinion. The view of the waterfall is well worth it in the end. I did this hike last weekend. Just so you know there are two ways to get to the falls one that is just plains and the other one has some elevation and rocky paths that you would need to cross. If you are looking for some challenge in this hike then I recommend taking the latter path which is very well marked as well. Enjoy the waterfalls

If you enjoy a very long walk then this would be the trail for you. If you are an avid hiker who likes climbing then this isn’t. It’s a really beautiful, well marked, flat trail with one short area of incline and a few switchbacks. There is a waterfall at the end but I wouldn’t say it’s worth the long walk in. The extending trails that allow for the harder hikes are still closed due to snow but once they open then make sure to bring extra snacks and water as the first part is already about 7km in. I gave this one 3 stars as I enjoy the views at the end but for those who don’t mind not seeing a view then you would probably enjoy this one.

We did this hike in late May ! awesome hike . It's a long hike but keeps you interested. The view of the falls is worth it !

Ok, if you’re looking for a killer hill climb and a big cardio workout this isn’t the hike. If you want to get a good workout with a beautiful reward, I highly recommend the relatively flat hike to Norvan Falls following the Cedar Mills trail. I did this hike right after climbing Lynn Peak so perhaps my legs got about more out of it than others. I also visited on the first day after the long weekend and there was no one at the falls when I got there. A rarity for sure. Great spot to sit, relax and enjoy a well earned trail beer!

Busy trail but well maintained - lots of trail runners .

Great trail. Really good taken care of

Fantastic trail. The falls were great. Love this park.

Very easy walk through the forest with gorgeous views of the forest. Anyone who is able to walk quite a while will be able to complete his trail. The water was flowing very fast when my friend I went which limited our view of the falls, however, the view of the falls wasn’t too impressive.

Great workout but dont have high expectation for the waterfall. Can do the lynn loop instead if you want something shorter.

As of March 31 there is still a large amount of snow on this trail, largely concentrated between about the 3-5km mark. It's hard pack and was passable while moving carefully in normal hiking boots (had to slide a couple of short sections) but would recommend spikes if you have them. Quite a lot of melt run off in the area as well so waterproof boots are a must.
Surprising past the 5km mark the snow pretty much entirely cleared up all the way until the falls.

Great hike, would recommend

Left the Lynn Headwaters at noon and made it to Norvan falls by 1:45. Easy hike with lots of little streams to cross. Had lunch at the falls and started heading back at 3 PM. It was a little tight, but we made it back to the headwaters by 5 PM. We took the easier low trail on the way in and the more difficult high trail on the way back. I would recommend doing it the other way around.

Great hike to start with. Easy and fun

Did this today, Nov 25 for the first time. Love it! Ran and hiked it. This is not a mindless run. Lots of roots, rocks, stream crossings. It's challenging and forest is beautiful. Moderate rating seems right. Can't wait to do again in all seasons!

I really enjoyed this hike/ run...... I ran down cedar mills trail and then up .and back .... it's nice to have a scenery change from close to water to up in the woods then a clearly marked path to lead you to the falls.

Great easy hike, just long. It’s 7.5km each way for 15km total. The falls are beautiful and today we had it to ourselves. The trails are well marked as half of it is more on a gravel road. Parking lot was closed still, so we had to park in the residential areas in Lynn Valley. Only thing that’s hard about this hike is the length, but very unnoticeable elevation gain. It took 4-5 hours at a leisurely pace from the residential lot.

great trail. did with my 7 and 10yr old. definitely a workout if you take the headwaters trail high route. had a nice feet soak in the river afterwards.
wheww

Did this hike few weeks ago with friends and loved it.
Below is a video I made of it!
If you like it, give it a thumbs up and subscribe for similar videos about awesome BC hikes and similar

Thanks for watching

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Beautiful hike, I would start early so you can spend few hrs at the water fall, breathtaking nature, in its finest... bring sandwiches, snacks and bear spry... make it an 8 hrs day... make every second count... coz it's just beautiful...love nature. Enjoy

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Very easy and gradual hike, I'm guessing the difficulty level is because of the distance, I recorded 11.5 miles total. Very worth it, beautiful view. Will do it again.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

This trail has very little incline but is about 18km in total considering the parking lot is shut down right now -have to park on the street and hike in along an easy path/boardwalk. The trail itself has some scrambling. A good amount of rocks and roots. I can barely move today though due to distance. May have been a slightly long hike for our unconditioned bodies so early in the season. I think we'll both be sorry today. I was sorry last night. Hahahha took everything I had to peel myself off my bed and take a shower and make dinner. #WorthIt

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Did this trail on May 1st. At that time still some snow, and lots of water and mud. If the parking area is still closed, add an extra 40 minutes to your hike. It now becomes closer to 3 hours when I did mine. (male 58 average shape.)I would take the Cedar Mills trail on the way there and back via the Headwaters Trail. The Falls are ok, much better trails in the Vancouver area. Mostly flat on Cedars, some up and down on the Headwaters trail. This trail also leads to other trails, and the beginning of the Coliseum Trail, right before reaching the falls. I enjoyed the little suspension bridge there.

Cheers

Monday, June 05, 2017

Have done this trail several times and I would recommend it to anyone who can walk long distance. The trail is nice and the end, Nervin Falls, is a nice reward.