Norvan Falls

Norvan Falls is a 15.0 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15 km
413 m

Great hike to start with. Easy and fun

Did this today, Nov 25 for the first time. Love it! Ran and hiked it. This is not a mindless run. Lots of roots, rocks, stream crossings. It's challenging and forest is beautiful. Moderate rating seems right. Can't wait to do again in all seasons!

I really enjoyed this hike/ run...... I ran down cedar mills trail and then up .and back .... it's nice to have a scenery change from close to water to up in the woods then a clearly marked path to lead you to the falls.

Great easy hike, just long. It’s 7.5km each way for 15km total. The falls are beautiful and today we had it to ourselves. The trails are well marked as half of it is more on a gravel road. Parking lot was closed still, so we had to park in the residential areas in Lynn Valley. Only thing that’s hard about this hike is the length, but very unnoticeable elevation gain. It took 4-5 hours at a leisurely pace from the residential lot.

great trail. did with my 7 and 10yr old. definitely a workout if you take the headwaters trail high route. had a nice feet soak in the river afterwards.
wheww

Did this hike few weeks ago with friends and loved it.
Below is a video I made of it!
If you like it, give it a thumbs up and subscribe for similar videos about awesome BC hikes and similar

Thanks for watching

Beautiful hike, I would start early so you can spend few hrs at the water fall, breathtaking nature, in its finest... bring sandwiches, snacks and bear spry... make it an 8 hrs day... make every second count... coz it's just beautiful...love nature. Enjoy

Very easy and gradual hike, I'm guessing the difficulty level is because of the distance, I recorded 11.5 miles total. Very worth it, beautiful view. Will do it again.

This trail has very little incline but is about 18km in total considering the parking lot is shut down right now -have to park on the street and hike in along an easy path/boardwalk. The trail itself has some scrambling. A good amount of rocks and roots. I can barely move today though due to distance. May have been a slightly long hike for our unconditioned bodies so early in the season. I think we'll both be sorry today. I was sorry last night. Hahahha took everything I had to peel myself off my bed and take a shower and make dinner. #WorthIt

Did this trail on May 1st. At that time still some snow, and lots of water and mud. If the parking area is still closed, add an extra 40 minutes to your hike. It now becomes closer to 3 hours when I did mine. (male 58 average shape.)I would take the Cedar Mills trail on the way there and back via the Headwaters Trail. The Falls are ok, much better trails in the Vancouver area. Mostly flat on Cedars, some up and down on the Headwaters trail. This trail also leads to other trails, and the beginning of the Coliseum Trail, right before reaching the falls. I enjoyed the little suspension bridge there.

Cheers

Have done this trail several times and I would recommend it to anyone who can walk long distance. The trail is nice and the end, Nervin Falls, is a nice reward.

This is a great little hike it's never too busy

It's a fine hike. Not really hard, just long. This trail is very popular so there was a lot of waiting on other people. Really loved that it was off leash friendly for the dogs.

Norvan Falls were beautiful but there were no place to steady one's camera for long exposures. The trail to and fro was not particularly scenic, and a bit too long for my liking. After the hike treat yourself to some well-deserved ice-cream near park entrance on Lynn Valley Rd. BTW the parking area inside Lynn Headwaters Park was closed to public for some reason, but there is free parking (open till 6PM) inside a small park nearby. Street parking is valid for 2 hours only, which might not be enough if you intended to get to the falls and back.

March 27,2017
Road to the trail head is closed, but it's only a 20 min walk from the closure. the trail is fine but wet for the first 500 m, then you get into snow. By 3km you really need micro spikes or at least yak traks to make a decent go of it. There is a tree that has taken out part of a bridge, but you can carefully climb around it, or take a slight detour up some stairs and back down again. Give yourself plenty of extra time, as the snow/ice slows your pace.

I'd like to do with his hike this winter. if you'd like to join me email moonangel25@hotmail.com :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Great trail; would like to do it again

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

fun hike with variety of terrain

Monday, September 05, 2016

A very good rainy day hike

Sunday, September 04, 2016