Mystery Lake is a 4.5 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.5 km
253 m

skiing

It was hard to find, hence the name I suppose lol, but worth it!

Great trail but don’t stop at Mystery Lake. Lots of things to explore in that area so hike past the lake and you will see some amazing viewpoints

Magical spot. Short hike, about an hour round trip. Perfect after work hike during summer. Lots of little spots to explore and take pictures from.

like all north shore mountain hikes, this one doesn't disappoint. a bit slow going at times, lots of roots and rocks. nice viewz

Definitely not an EASY ascent, with the high steps between roots and rocks. But not the hardest hike I've ever done by any means

My fav so far - technical terrain but great for kids as well, lots of rocks, roots, streams of water, flowers and great spot for a snack break by the lake. Fog was a bonus!

Nice trail with junction trail to mount Seymour. We spotted a bear on our way back. You can find tons of berries in the trail.

We spotted a bear on our way down the trial today around 6.30 pm... but the weather and hike was nice..

Great little trail! Took me about 1.5 hours return trip. Wear appropriate shoes as there’s plenty of rocks and roots to get snagged on. It was quiet when I went as it was raining lightly - none the less it was very peaceful. Orange markers guide you along the trail.

Gorgeous swimming lake (late July). Even in late July we found a patch of snow around the corner. Views down to Vancouver centre.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Nice enough short hike. Lots of Mosquitos at the lake though.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

The flies were awful around sunset. Other than that, it was a good quick hike.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Not bad short hike , think it was just over 20 mins to reach the lake . Only bad thing was that day there was an unreal amount of flys by the hundreads swarming hikers. Prob just that day

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I should have looked at other posts on IG of the lake because I wasn't expecting all the snow. Beautiful hike regardless. Trail was a bit mushy and slippery at some points because of the melting snow, but completely bearable. Our kids (10, 6 & baby in ergo) came with us and did just fine.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

This beautiful little lake is a great spot for swimming, or just kicking back and relaxing and is only about a kilometre from the main parking lot at Mount Seymour. There are plenty of flat spots for soaking in some rays or enjoying a picnic and there's easy access to the water.

Friday, November 03, 2017