Myra Canyon Trail

Myra Canyon Trail is a 24.9 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 24.9 km Elevation Gain: 548 m Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

rails trails

icy

Hiked with our dog till the first tunnel. Was a nice walk although quite slushy from the melting snow. Will be coming back to see the rest!

so so so incredible!!! I jogged from parking lot to parking lot so I could ensure I finished the trail with the limited time I had. biking would be an awesome ideal.. can't wait to come back and see it again!

Saw a bobcat on trail. October 15th.

Road on the way up needs work, very rough with wash boards

Was encouraged to run this and ended up doing the whole thing (12K out; 12K back... in about 1:45). Got out early (830am) before the bikers and it does get busy fast. Gorgeous views and a crazy awesome experience running over the trestles and through the tunnels. This is a must do!

Biked this trail today. Absolutely breathtaking views. Did the trail in about 3 hours with many photo opp stops and a quick lunch. Definitely one of the highlights of our stay in Kelowna.

Beautiful scenic trail. Wide and flat. The trestles are an amazing, history preserved. Like our adventures on Facebook: “Apackof2 for the Road” Follow us on Twitter “Apackof2fortheRd @apackof2forthe

absolutely beautiful, so much fun ! if this don't put a smile on your face i dont know what will

Easy trail with beautiful views. Crowded but nothing too crazy. Go early morning to avoid heat.

Recommend biking this trail. Very flat and easy to do the whole 24 km in about 2.5 hours with stops for photos. Great trail with amazing views.

I’ve hiked this trail twice now and it’s a pretty flat trail the whole time. I’ve always started at trestle #18 and end at #3 which is about 12km there and back. Trestle #3 to #1 is another 12km so we decided to just head back in our car. This trail is better for biking I think next time I’ll definitely rent a bike and hopefully I can finish the whole 24km.

Nice level ride. Very picturesque!

Rented a bike for this easy well kept trail. Can be done quickly but decided to make it a scenic ride and was there for 3 hours. Easy and flat the whole way. Beautiful views and tons of history to read while on the trail. Bathrooms midway and at each end.

Beautiful views. Super cool with the old train rails and caves. Would not recommend during the winter months unless you have the right vehicle and equipment as it’s gets very thick snow up there, but if you do it’s an even better hike in the winter! BEWARE OF cougars, bobcats and bears, especially during winter when there’s little to no traffic up there. You can go hiking, biking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing up there!

Highly recommend this trail. We rented mountain bikes and rode 22km. Beautiful views, flat trail, 2 tunnels, amazing history and sweet little pikas and chipmunks! Fantastic day!

Was a nice hike. Beautiful views. Really enjoyed seeing the trestles. Only issue was the cyclists. They seem to think the trail is a speedway, and expect you to move completely to the edge of the trail as they ride by in hordes.

very flat, easy trail with stunning views. Gets busy in the afternoon, best to go in the morning for a more peaceful walk/bike.

Nice hike. Steep at beginning. Nice view at the top

awesome walking trail

Lovely views! It's long but there isn't any steep places so it's easy in that sense. You can also bike along the path as well. Lots of places to just take a break.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Beautiful views, flat path, areas to stop and sit. Only thing I recommend is to layer in case of winds, the temp seem to be 5 degrees cooler then in town.

Mon Sep 10 2018

A decent walk. It’s completely flat so if you choose to rent a bike its very doable. However you do have to watch out for yourself as most people are really respectful on the bikes but some people use it as a race track. Visiting the area everybody told me I had to do this trail. Walking the trail I chose to turn around just after the long tressle (6km). The views was relatively similar the entire way and without elevation gain it makes for a enjoyable but duller hike depending on what your looking for. While I’m glad I went, I wouldn’t do this walk again. A few good photos ops of the tressles and tunnels along with the view.

Mon Aug 13 2018

I would recommend taking a bicycle on this trail as it is quite long. Really good long distance running trail too! Pretty much anyone can ride a bicycle as well as the vertical grade is nonexistent (I.e., it’s flat). There were a lot of small children out the day we went, some even with the training wheels on. One of the best trails I’ve ever done. Really unique and quite beautiful. We took a tonne of photos. Rented bikes at the start for 40$ each and completed it in about 2.5 hours. We went mid-day on a Saturday, so it was pretty busy. If you ride a bike it’s best/safest to let other bicyclists pass from the opposing direction first. You don’t want to be that d*ck creating unnecessary trouble for others. I would recommend trying to do this early or mid-week to avoid the crowd.

Sat Aug 04 2018

Great views, very long and flat.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Its pretty easy, no real steep grade. Did 22 kms in about 4 hours

Wed Oct 18 2017

Not a difficult hike at all. The portion we did was completely flat/level. We did 4 kms round trip to the first tunnel. The road up to the trail is best for a suv or truck. Pretty rocky and windy. Fantastic views and the trestles are very cool.

Wed Jul 05 2017

Stunning views!!

Tue Jul 04 2017

Great view... amazing scenery!