Munroe Lake is a 8.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 8.5 km Elevation Gain: 823 m Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike, we’ll marked to munroe lake. Crazy amount of frogs on the trail.

Easy to find trailhead and easy to follow, once you’ve followed all the clear signs that direct to to Munro lake, all paths lead there. From the “viewpoint loop” do not follow trails at the top of the rock, stay to the inside, either path will take your back, the others just dead end really. And Until the last 1km where it is mostly all snow and we had to follow markers and footprints but still doable. A bit overgrown at the beginning but bushes thin out, unlike the frogs. We saw 78.

icy

It was nice to go, initially I wanted to go to Dennett Lake but due to the snow I could not keep going. The trail to go to the second lake is not marked and you cannot see the trail, I needed to come back from there, a bit frustrating. Elevation Gain 820m Max Elevation 865m Total time, almost 3 hours. Enjoy it!

Beautiful hike, moderately trafficked, lots of snow for the last 1.5km, definelty micro spikes or snow shoes to get to the lake. You can make it to the south viewpoint without snow gear, since it's clear all the way up there.

icy

Still a lot of snow about 3km up. Trail is clearly marked & easy to follow. It is fairly steep & rocky.

Beautiful hike! Mostly dry until just before the Munroe lookout! Then it changes to snow! It is really packed down! We wore yak tracks for the rest of the hike to the lake and they were perfect! Very well marked trail. A couple of icy sections to be careful on but otherwise great condition! Completed on March 15, 2020

icy

We did this trail yesterday, March 08.2020. it was real winter hiking. lots a icy patches which made it a bit tricky. However, trail is well marked and in good condition. I crashed into the snow at the lake and stuck up to the waist in the snow. Not many people on the trail. Waterproof boots are required to stay dry. the only draw. back was on the way back someone on a snow-machine plowing through the forest. The gasoline fumes were lingering in the air and we were concerned that the machine would cross our pass. Otherwise great hike.

Completed this little uphill hike yesterday, two hours up, lunch in sun and down. Always a good workout. First signs of winter as the lake had a thin coating of ice

The lake is more like a pond...wasn’t worth the elevation for me.

We did this trail in June of 2019, trail head was hard to find but once on trail the hike was easy all uphill we managed to do both Munro and Dennett lake ( Dennett trail wasn’t easy to find but we made it up trail ends end with a beautiful lake and view of mountain n water fall) down hill was a killer for me but totally recommend this hike

Very beautiful trail.. but pretty tough! 2 hours straight incline and the decent killed my knees by the end. What a good workout though!

Really good hike! have been twice and both very different experiences. First time I went with my cousin and we took 5 hours. She needed a lot of breaks. IMPORTANT the "lake" is not the end. if you keep going there is a real nice lake. when I went by myself it took me 2 hours to get to the real lake and an hour to get down.

recorded Munroe Lake

Late day hike up to Munro Lake. Trail in good shape, blowdown cleared. Little muddy beside the lake, though probably about as dry as it ever gets. Abundant fat blueberries and plenty of salal currently.

I am planning to go on Monday, do you have any annoying flies during the trial to Munroe Lake?

We hike this trail yesterday, it’s an upper climb for at least an hour and a half to two hours depending on your pace. We didn’t find it muddy as it is summer and has been hot for a few days you do however will find some swampy patches approaching the lake. Be mindful of your steps, there are lots of miniature size little frogs as you climb. Bring poles as the descending can be hard on your knees. The trail has lots of shade but if you are doing this trail for the view you’ll find none. Great hike overall.

A hard grind to the lake. Flattens out near the top with a short decent into the bowl where the lake is. Under 2 1/2 hours to the lake