Mt Tzouhalem

Mt Tzouhalem is a 5.8 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Duncan, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.8 km
370 m

Nice trail that is easy to follow, with a beautiful set of look outs near and at the top.

awesome views, honeycomb of trails on the east side

We took the wrong way and it made for an amazing trek to the cross. Trail isn't blazed well at all. You hear a lot of "did you make it to the cross?" mid Trail and in the parking lot. Amazing views!

My partner and I hiked this trail yesterday . The signs implied the main access point via the parking lot was closed for construction but we went anyway , it was open on the weekends as it turned out .

We chose to hike the path that led from the right end of the parking lot . It took about 2hours to complete including leisurely time at the cross.

I would not rate this trail as difficult rather as moderate on a well maintained and relatively smooth path .

The views at the summit are spectacular and the cross is a cool piece of history .

I would highly recommend !

steeper than I was expecting but it was fantastic!

This was an awesome, relatively short hike - 45 minutes to the top, if you're fairly fit. The views were fabulous and walking through the forest on the way was lovely. I'd have rated this as moderate - there are a couple of steep parts (but you can walk a longer, less steep route should you choose). The trail was well-marked trail. Will definitely do this one again.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Not too bad of a hike other than the very steep incline. Great view at the top

Monday, June 12, 2017