Mount Fromme Trail Loop

Mount Fromme Trail Loop is a 10.8 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

10.8 km
840 m

old growth

Great Hike, Though we got lost, make sure to continuously keep an eye out for the markers and don’t get too distracted by the logging road because you will end up on grouse mountain instead.

I did this hike month ago and it was pretty fun, last kilometer took me 2h because I drawn in snow

WARNING. Winter conditions make this very difficult.

This route is only good as of late June. If you do it earlier, bring snow shoes, crampons, winter gear, etc...

Also, return on your tracks to go down. Do not try to go down the other side in the middle of winter. It is easy to get lost and it is a 45 degree gradient without snow. Snow just makes it worst. It’s super dangerous and you risk injury, sliding down, getting stuck in 20 foot snow and all the rest.

Note that you will not be able to see trail markers since they will be under the snow. (Yes, even in May)

Don’t believe me? I climbed it yesterday and got totally screwed on the back side. Once you start going down and you realize it’s too hairy, it’s too late to go back up. It took me 7-8h to complete this because of the tight situation I got stuck in. The recording of my hike was stopped when I realized I needed to preserve battery in case of an emergency because I wasn’t sure I was making it out.

Just weeks ago, two guys from the armed forces needed to be rescued off this mountain. If you do climb it anyways, plan for an overnight stay... just in case.

Consider yourself warned. Proceed with caution.

I did this trail in June '17 still lots of snow up around the top making it difficult to follow the trail. probably a bit dangerous with the snow melt underneath... fell a couple times but fun and gorgeous sunny day! done with my dogo took about 4.5 hours with lunch up top

Vancouvertrails.com has great directions as signage is limited and confusing

Quite difficult because the trails are not well-marked.

recorded WTF we did