Learn more

Mount Wells Summit Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(191)
Mount Wells Regional Park

Mount Wells Summit Trail is a 1.6 mile out and back trail located near Langford, British Columbia, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 738 feet Route Type: Out & Back

My son says its a 5 star.. good elavation and nice view on the top.

Great trail with a few steeper points. Dog was exhausted for the return trip. Views are great but some mountains are obscured by trees

Pretty views, not too difficult or long of a climb if you are competent

Short hike with good views of Langford and Victoria. Trail is well marked and maintained, however may be a little steep for some in areas (mainly when the rock is wet). I've hiked this trail the better part of 100 times in the past couple years, so naturally it's one of my favourites. It's a good short cardio workout with some technical rocky sections surrounded by beautiful nature.

1st time on this trail and it was amazing ! A bit steep at times but nothing out of the ordinary. Wonderful views at the top.

One of my favourites: easy to do first thing in the morning or after work. There are plenty of flat areas between the inclines and beautiful views of humpback reservoir on the way up. The first viewpoint (after the chains) is technically not the summit, so follow the map if you want to log this as verified complete. The view from the “first peak” is of the western communities, but if you go to the “second peak” you’ll see a gorgeous view of the Sooke Hills

Nice maintained trail, can be steep at times, lots of loose rock. I took a little fall but that’s nothing out of the ordinary. Great views this am :)

Still open. Family of 4 with kids ages 14 and 15. Great hike. Took us 45 minute to get to the peak. Excellent views.

It took us 45 minutes to get to the top. This trail has some serious incline to it and we ended up taking numerous breaks. Also very rocky in parts. At some points, we were literally climbing straight up, using our arms & legs to continue. The view from the top was spectacular. It also made for an excellent picnic spot. However, there is a lot of noisy construction going on in the area right now (April 2020), so you never feel like you’re truly immersed in nature.

My favourite trail in the GVA! Well-maintained, easy to navigate, and equipped with enough hardware to get you through trickier areas safely. The climb is enough to get the heart rate up, but is still gentle enough to have a relaxing time. Some of the best views I've seen, overlooking Highlands, Sooke, Langford, Victoria, as well as the the ocean / Olympic mountains on a clear day. It can be done in a short amount of time, but I always spend at least an hour just taking in the scenery

Random path from my yard

Wow this view was magnificent and the whole hike in general was amazing. My son (4) loved hanging on the rope and climbing the rocks like rock climbing. Beautiful mossy hike over the rocks and then a little slippery at the top. So perfect we all had a great time!

Nice short trail took about an hour including hanging out at the top for 10 or so minutes. Good shoes help at the top but are not needed

loved this trail, did it for my first time and was well worth the crazy winds at the top that day, would definitely do it again anyday!

icy

First time on this trail and it was amazing! The beginning part of the trail is beautiful and covered with trees, snow wasn’t too bad in there but towards the second half, once the trees have way, there was a couple feet of snow and was pretty icy. If you’re going while it’s snowy I highly recommend snow boots with good grip. My sister and I were wearing hiking boots and jeans and we were fine. Most of the way was steep. This is definitely one of my favourite shorter hikes now!

Great hike with beautiful views! Wet and very slippery today! Tried to find the loop but could not.

Great little day hike!

Trail is great even in November. I would recommend this trail to anyone looking for a quick and enjoyable hike. Great view from the top.

Moderately steep but short summit trail with 360 views of downtown Victoria, Sooke, and the Malahat.

Wed Jun 05 2019

one of the best hikes around, make sure you keep going to the 2nd summit, great views all directions! Trail is generally good, one rock and root scramble before you break out into open trail with chain. Amazing display of Satin flowers in April!