Mount Thom

Mount Thom is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.6 km
466 m

Thom Creek is a point-to-point trail located near Chilliwack, British Columbia. The trail is good for all skill levels.

For me Thom is a great local workout hike....a grind if you like without being quite as steep as others around. You are rewarded with a beautiful view and the top and there is always a challenge to get up to the summit faster each time so it continues to offer challenge. I think most skill levels will appreciate the hike you just have to go at your pace. Easy to get to for a quick hike in the area though I don't think I'd drive out from the city just for it. water fountain at Sylvan trailhead spring-fall and porta potty which I think the city does a pretty good job of keeping clean.

We are weekend day hikers, and it took us 1 hr. each way with our dog, starting at Sylvan. Steep start turning intermittent and then steep again toward the Summit. Not for the faint of heart, 90% of the elevation gain occurs in 3km. Lots of shade from trees and a lovely view of Cultus at the top. A steep but lovely hike - would do it again.

Good work out. We went on a cool day. Beautiful scenery and very well maintained.

Love it! Fairly easy but has enough ups and downs to keep you active and working hard without being too easy, or exhausting.

Started at Sylvan Drive Trailhead (bathroom there). Took about 40 minutes to get up to the summit. Signs all the way up which was really nice and trail is well maintained for the most part except for the rocks and fallen trees for the first 10 minutes. Great for getting your heartbeat up with an amazing view as a reward at the summit!

Mount Thom is nice. View is good. Some steeper sections. I’m not a fan of undulating trails. I’d sooner do all up ... so the return is all down, but that’s my preference. Path is clear and wide enough. Easy to find and easy to park. Bathroom at sylvan drive trailhead.

love the veiw of chilliwack

36 degrees and lots of wildfire smoke in the air, so I did the loop from the park, not the climb from Promontory. Nice little trail, all shade except the lookout points. I'll come back and do it the hard way once the weather goes below 30!

amazing views at summit

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Nice trail to get in shape on. Good for a family stroll. Steep(ish) in parts, but no touch hike at all. Nice view from the summit overlooking Chilliwack, with views of Cultus lake. We hiked end of July - no bugs, and trees offered shade from afternoon sun.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A great trail to get in shape on! It's well-maintained and has lots of varied terrain, so you can always run if it's not challenging enough. Gets a little busy, but nowhere near the crowds of other trails.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

It was enjoyable, but just decent relative to other hikes I've done.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Great view of chilliwack and a great little trail run or hike for the family

Sunday, May 14, 2017

it good

Monday, May 08, 2017

This was my first hike up Mt Thom and I wasn't expecting to be so steep and hard but I'm no athlete and will be back again soon! My 9 year old accompanied me and it was tough for him too but we enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Lots of people and dogs, good for kids, nice view

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Awesome! Lots of eagles, hawks, and ravens!

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Great conditions, simple uphill, outstanding view, lots of eagles

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice trail. No horses are allowed ( maybe back when it wasn't as developed) porta potty at base which is nice

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It was ok hike

Saturday, January 07, 2017

It's a little underwhelming, but nice if you want to introduce someone to hiking.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Beautiful view!! Only downside about going in winter is the trail can be a bit icy in spots. Definitely worth the hike at sunset!

Friday, December 02, 2016

Beautiful, and wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be. Definitely a moderate trail though. Beginners might find it difficult. All in all a nice hike!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great trail with easy access but can become quite busy at times

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Great

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Awesome hike and gorgeous view at the top.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

excellent cardiovascular workout. lots of steep spots.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great hike! Got slightly confused with the trail markings/signs but overall a beautiful spot at the top to eat lunch.

Friday, June 13, 2014

This hike was a work out, climbing hill all the way to the top! We were sweating 10 mins into the hike! Bring lots of water, there is a bench up top to sit and have your lunch. Very active birds on this walk. Hike took 1.5 hrs to complete. Great for weight loss 3 times a week!