Mount Strachan

Mount Strachan is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from July until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The deep snow still remaining at the beginning of June upgraded this hike from moderate to difficult. The climb via Christmas Gully was challenging but doable. We climbed both summits and I learned a thing or two about snow travel on steep difficult terrain. it was great and I would love to do it again in the summer. Would love to the see the mountain when not covered in snow.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Nice short spin. 2.5 hours round trip for us at an easy pace. For sure it's a steep start with constant elevation to the top. Good spot for ski lovers as well, the tracks cross most of the slopes and under the lifts. The track is mainly shally which makes it tricky coming down but all round a good up and down for any level.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

I liked this hike. Not insanely difficult, but a definite calf burner. I like the steep rocky parts and the steep forested part after leaving the howe sound trail the best. The view at the top is a 360 degree panorama of the ocean (bowen island) to the west, metro vancouver to the south, crown mountain to the east, and the lions to the north. I will do this hike again before the end of summer.