Mount Parke Trail

Mount Parke Trail is a 5.0 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Capital, British Columbia, Canada. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

5 km
227 m

mt parke is a 1.7 mile trail located near Capital, British Columbia. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Went up for landscape photography and was not disappointed by the views. The hike was steep in a few areas. It was probably easier because I stopped to set up my gear at every viewpoint I could find. I continued past the trail to reach the peak. The trail I took was clearly labelled, warning that it was not maintained, and to proceed with caution. It was no worse off than the rest of the trail when I went, so that is a bonus. Will definitely be going back.

Nice views at the top. Elevation is quick but not too tough. Once you get up and down the Lower Trail loop is a nice cool down before heading back to the parking lot.

Great hike. Good with kids. A few steep sections where you need to watch your step. Natural trail with roots and sections of loose gravel. Lowland start of hike has a boardwalk over the muddy areas. Beautiful views from the top of the ridge of other islands and ocean to he south of the island.