Mount Finlayson

Mount Finlayson is a 5.5 kilometer loop trail located near Langford, British Columbia, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.5 km
415 m

quick workout, often do this as multiples

Not sure why this is getting such great reviews. Maybe cause this is as nice as it gets for the island? I live on the mainland and lots of the hikes I’ve done are spectacular. Anyways, this wasn’t hard imo, pup and me got to the top pretty quick but the view wasn’t too impressive so we didn’t spend any time at the top.

Its very challenging and its a great workout. Also offers beautiful view.

great workout

Went with my 12 year old son and friend and loved the challenge! Took our time and had fun!

Amazing trail with an even better view. Challenging and so rewarding.

I saw this family with two small children walking back down the mountain and thought “this isn’t going to be that hard, a six year old is walking down”. Fuck that. That trail was difficult. How the fuck did that kid make it up here?! That kid was a mutant or half-goat or a half-goat mutant.
5/5 would question reality again.

Wow! Beautiful mountain!

I love this hike, but I take the back way because I'm afraid of the cliffs. I really enjoy it until that point.

Wonderful quick day hike. Gorgeous sights and easy marked trail. Many ways to take to the top which makes it fun and allows you to change it up if you want to hike it multiple times. The waterfall is a great place to sit and splash around in or enjoy a snack sitting on the rocks under the mist of the waterfalls.

Great hike with good cardio. Top half can be slippery with either rain or in summer the dust. Good trail runners essential.

Great trail - step up the south face, but beautiful views, and great descent on the north side. Clear views up the Stanch.

Going up and down the rocks was a little scary at times, but such a great hike.

great hike! went up from Goldstream Provincial Carpark, had fun on the rocks, and reached the summit to amazing views. it was a little smoky, but still nice. walked down the rocks from the summit to look over the estuary. we went down the much easier trail route down the back side, and reached Finlayson Arm Road, where we walked for 20 minutes until hitchhiking in the back of a pickup truck. Good Times!

One of my favourite trails to do! Do this one a few times a month. Definitely recommend it!

I have hiked this trail twice, once from the backside and the other ascending the front. Both are challenging hikes I thought the front was more rock climbing and the back more trail like. Definitely worth the effort to reach the summit. Bring a pair of binoculars there are some good views. Next time I'm going to park at the Finlayson Arm Rd entrance about 3km further up the road from Goldstream, it's a much less populated hike and I think a more enjoyable hike to the summit.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Got lost and trail markers lead me to bear mt. Golf resort. I'm gonna try it again next round in Canada.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Saturday, April 29, 2017

did a few sunrise hikes up here. absolutely gorgeous.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Friday, December 23, 2016

Great hike and great view from the top. I'm not a fan of overly populated trails and quite prefer solitude, which is what you get on the backside of the mountain. We do the loop by coming back on the Finlayson Arm Road

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

It was fun
Good day with my son and his dog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Very challenging for an old guy.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Lots of fun. Sunrise is a good time to go!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Definitely one of the most popular hikes South Island. Nice hike to bring friends along

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wow went up the hard way.... Rock climbing ....and I never did that before....life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Easy hike to a beautiful waterfall!

Monday, May 09, 2016

nice view, strep climb

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Great

Monday, August 03, 2015

I do Mount Finlayson as a weekly workout. Some people say it can be monotonous; but for me, every time is an adventure. There are so many paths to take if you know where to look. You can go at night with a group (3+) or outside of the traditional months for additional hardship and beauty. Going during the Winter is mind blowing and like climbing up a mini waterfall; and with the right gear on, you can slide down the rock face like a waterslide.

I will go up with anyone who is up for the challenge. I have not died yet, so I think I can bring you back alive.