Mount Fernie Trail is a 7.6 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fernie, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and backpacking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.6 km
927 m

Its a long hike but gives you a great view of the town

This trail is more like 8.4km, so a little further than expected!! I won’t lie, I found this really hard. It was all uphill to the peak, with a scramble at the top. The views at the top were awesome though. For the first decent hike I’ve done in a while, it was a toughie!!

Amazing hike. Wonderful View. Gave us a good workout.

Took me to my limit! Scrambling at the top was challenging and fun. Bench at the top provided views of just reward for all that effort!!

Spectacular trail. Great climb!

Great hike, plenty of view points. my legs definitely felt that one!!

Lots of switchbacks, great view

My dog and I hiked up to the ridge :)
Towards the ridge there is a steep incline that could be difficult for some.
I wouldn't recommend this trail for kids!
There was no snow and a fair amount of people on the trail :)
I loved the hiked, it was a great work out and had awesome views.

Still allot of snow starting as soon as you pass the bench. Is going to be a few more weeks before full assent is possible without gear

It was difficult to find the road to the trail head, but once we found it we had a great difficult hike in the deep snow! snowshoes helped a ton!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

It's a grind all the way up, but totally worth it. It's so lush and green the whole way up with stunning views. The scramble at the end is a little scary!

Monday, August 07, 2017

Steep trail but the stunning views are worth the effort !

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

A great hike; steep up, steep down, awesome views of the Elk Valley

Monday, July 10, 2017

Great trail with awesome views. Quite steep from the beginning but gets easier after the bench and views are worth it.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

A very steep trail, even from the beginning, but if you push all the way to the ridge top summit (past both wooden benches), you'll be rewarded with awesome views of both Fernie and the Three Sisters.
Once you get to the second bench at the ridge top, take the upper route of ~10min light scrambling to summit or the lower to meet snow and gorgeous valley views.
Overall a worthwhile hike that youll be able to feel in your legs for the next day or so :')

Monday, June 26, 2017

This was quite the climb but but well worth it. There's a spectacular 360 view of the mountains at the top and lots of great views of the town of Fernie throughout the top half of the trail. It's very well marked and fairly clear with exception to the last 5 minutes where you have to scramble a bit. Took us 4.5 hrs return with lots of stops to take in the scenery.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

I didn't find this trail overly exhausting. The views are spectacular past the half way point and it's impossible to not take photos.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

This is actually a seriously strenuous hike. It climbs 1,000m in only 4km, so expect a good workout. Stunning 360 views from the top, where there is a little wooden bench and friendly ground squirrels to relive you of your granola bars.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

We parked at the end of Canyon Trail and found the trailhead on the left after a short walk. There's a bench at the top with some amazing views on both sides of the mountain. The last section of the trail has loose rocks and may be trickier for beginner hikers. All and all it's a great hike and we were pooped by the time we got back down.

Saturday, October 14, 2017