Mount Benson

Mount Benson is a 6.0 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6 km
701 m

Supper great hike! Even though it was very steep at some points well worth it for the view at the top.

It is very challenging remember the top. When you reach the view it is not the top...keep going. When you reach the flag your done!

trails are well marked. went up the difficult trail. legs were like jello when we were done

A challenge at times but worth the climb!

5 hour round trip, with several stops to have something to eat and drink and also spent some time up at the top. went straight up the intermediate trail. It was incredibly difficult for me as this was my first difficult/long hike. I went in April and there was still quite a bit of snow on the top. I definitely recommend proper footwear. My feet were wet when I made it to the top, I was very happy that I brought extra socks and plastic bags to put over them to keep them dry for the trip down. Going down is much more difficult than going up. Trail is pretty well marked and relatively well populated. Definitely highly recommend doing this hike. Incredibly beautiful and rewarding to climb a mountain.

Nice hike with the family. Will do it again when the smoke clears.

Friday, May 05, 2017