Minnekhada High Knoll Loop Trail

Minnekhada High Knoll Loop Trail is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.6 km
266 m

Overall good trail, some areas could have been marked better. It can be difficult I’m certain areas of up hills and down hills but overall not a super challenging trail. Good for a nice hike !

Only downside to me was the bugs in the summer cause it's a swamp.

Loved the hike, does fall into the hard category for couple of steep and rocky spots. Beautiful view from the top, don’t miss it. A bit confusing to keep track of the whole loop, got lost a couple of times but nothing too bad.

This is an easy short afternoon hike. I spent less than 2 hours plus small breaks at the two lookouts. Please wear closed-toe shoes coz some part of the trail is fully covered with roots and rocks. When you are leaving the low and high knoll lookout, just follow the same route you get up there. Have a lot of spaces for parking on gravel road.

We enjoyed this moderate hike. There are a lot of signs warning you about bears in the area. We did see some scat on the trail but no bears. Nice expansive view from second knoll. Good spot to enjoy a snack and soak up some sun before the descent.

Hiked today, June 28/18. The first 15 mins the trail was boring but then it really picks up with awesome terrain and elevation. The views are great once you reach the upper knoll. The hike back down through low knolls was awesome. I’d visit again.

June 24, 2018- Perfect hike for us as it’s a slight steady incline and only steep in a few areas, especially as you get to the top. This allows you to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful greenery. Moderate in distance and incline. Didn’t seem too busy for a Sunday but the parking lot was almost packed when we got there at 10:30am. My friend wore runners and was fine. Don’t need poles. Well placed markers for us casual hikers were helpful. Twice people told us they saw a bear, and once we had to turn back and go around, but we didn’t come across any ourselves. Didn’t get bitten by bugs and mostly covered so you shouldn’t burn. The view is so worth it! Lots of space to sit and have a bite. Most enjoyable hike. Will definitely do it again : )

Slight inclines, but nothing too strenuous. The most difficult thing is that there are bears and cougars in the area. There was a bear on the path on our way back to the parking lot. Read up on black bears and expect that you will see one on this park.

Did this today June 18/18.
was a pretty easy hike.. a bit of an uphill climb near the top but nothing to worry about. view is nice. overall 3/5

This is a very beautiful park, well marked and great pay off view with easy access. Very crowded tho so next time I would go mid week.

My favorite quick hike in the Coquitlam area! Beautiful view and a decent work out. Bit of an incline for the last part of the trail.

What a beautiful flipping trail!! Not too hard. Not too long. beautiful lookouts. So pretty along the water.

very pleasant walk

One of my favorites! Lots of families out enjoying minnekhada yesterday. And warnings of bear sightings from others on the trail.

Fun trail. Not too hard. Close to Poco.

Great even in early spring

A lot of fun out there. Had to go solo since my hiking partner got scared of the bear warnings. No worries

Another gorgeous day to enjoy the hi-Knoll Trail. Lots of families out and about last weekend. The look out was higher than the fog.

Excellent , easy to find escape from the city. If you don't have much time but still want to get out, this circuit is a great choice. Well marked , easy walking trails with multiple options to adjust the length of the walk. Complete with hill top views, old growth stumps and a waters edge trail , this area has a little bit of everything.

Beautiful hike with tons of interesting flora and fauna.

Easy hike with a nice view

my son and I had a great hiking and we were at the top of the view. it was so beautiful.

I went there twice, first time didn't go to the top of the mountain, second time my son and I were at the top .it was so great feeling that you could see a lot from it and the great views. we love it.

Good hike, scenic, bears in the area

The end view is beautiful!

Great hike, mildly challenging with a good view at the top. Nothing to rave about but way better than I expected considering how close to the city it is.

Many of the steeper hills are on uncovered and smooth rock which can be dangerous in the wet. I would avoid this one of the weather is uncertain and you are bringing small kids as you may slip. In the dry it's great and you will see plenty of families on the path.

Great hike

A great hike that can be challenging and offers an incredible view at the end

Monday, July 24, 2017

Nice loop trail with a great view from high Knoll. Pretty busy the day we went and lots of bear signs. Well marked and maintained.