Minnekhada High Knoll Loop Trail

Minnekhada High Knoll Loop Trail is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.6 km
266 m

What a beautiful flipping trail!! Not to hard. Not too long. beautiful lookouts. So pretty along the water.

very pleasant walk

One of my favorites! Lots of families out enjoying minnekhada yesterday. And warnings of bear sightings from others on the trail.

Fun trail. Not too hard. Close to Poco.

Great even in early spring

A lot of fun out there. Had to go solo since my hiking partner got scared of the bear warnings. No worries

Another gorgeous day to enjoy the hi-Knoll Trail. Lots of families out and about last weekend. The look out was higher than the fog.

Excellent , easy to find escape from the city. If you don't have much time but still want to get out, this circuit is a great choice. Well marked , easy walking trails with multiple options to adjust the length of the walk. Complete with hill top views, old growth stumps and a waters edge trail , this area has a little bit of everything.

Beautiful hike with tons of interesting flora and fauna.

Easy hike with a nice view

my son and I had a great hiking and we were at the top of the view. it was so beautiful.

I went there twice, first time didn't go to the top of the mountain, second time my son and I were at the top .it was so great feeling that you could see a lot from it and the great views. we love it.

Good hike, scenic, bears in the area

The end view is beautiful!

Great hike, mildly challenging with a good view at the top. Nothing to rave about but way better than I expected considering how close to the city it is.

Many of the steeper hills are on uncovered and smooth rock which can be dangerous in the wet. I would avoid this one of the weather is uncertain and you are bringing small kids as you may slip. In the dry it's great and you will see plenty of families on the path.

Great hike

A great hike that can be challenging and offers an incredible view at the end

Nice loop trail with a great view from high Knoll. Pretty busy the day we went and lots of bear signs. Well marked and maintained.

Watch out for bears. It's a challenging walk or an easy hike. Nice view at the top.

quick little hike. some wild life. great view. puppy loved it.

The view is worth it

It's a great quick little cardio blitz, but make sure you do the lookout because of the great view and vertical ascent.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Had a great time the dog loved it...She didn't really like the fact she couldn't go on the water, but got over it pretty quick

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Despite a couple of moderately steep sections the hike is fairly easy, the views unremarkable. Might be a good practice for those training for more challenging hikes.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Forgot how beautiful this park was...Haven't been here in a few years. It's a great starter

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

High knoll is another one for a sunny day. The dyke between lakes offers lots of wildlife, the treck to the high knoll is fairly easy making you work up a small sweat before breaking open to the view point. Definately the most rewarding part of the hike are the panoramic views of Pitt river and surrounding areas.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Saturday, April 08, 2017

We started at the Quarry Road entrance, took to the gravel trail and at first we were concerned that our hike wasn't going to be challenging enough for us but that quickly changed to rocky terrain entwined with tree roots. A beautiful sight and once we got to the Lookout we were thrilled with the entire hike!
Would do it all over again on a sunny day to see more of the country view.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

My husband and I did this hike today, it was a beautiful sunny Sunday so it was a bit busy heading up! We started the trail around noon and got back to the car shortly after 2pm. That was with taking only a brief break at the top to enjoy the view - which was included some nice views of the Pitt River and the marsh.

Some good variation in the trail, some good incline, rock and root to scramble, minimal views on the way to the top but there are a few lookout points. Personally I don't mind this, I love being in the trees. The trail was well marked and easy to follow with posted signs, and a few maps along the way.

The trail was a bit muddy in some sections, expected for early Spring! We would definitely do this again.