Maple Mountain Loop

Maple Mountain Loop is a 9.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Cowichan, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

9.5 km
382 m

A nice hike from the end of Chilco Road along the blue trail then onto the yellow trail along the water. Beautiful views - little bit of slippery rock now and again. At the end of the yellow take the pink trail up to join back to the blue again.

It was our first time hiking this trail and we loved it. Very well marked, no chance of getting lost. :) From the parking on Chilco Rd, the total distance there and back was about 11 km. It took us 3 hours with a few short stops. Would recommend.

I will definitely recommend this trail to any prepared intermediate hiker. The trail was well marked, if anything it was too marked, you can't go 100m without seeing a marker. Even after 3.5 hours and pouring rain at some times it was still a fantastic trail!

We did this however did the full blue trail to the end and met a very nice home owner who refilled our waters. We then back tracked then took the pink trail down to the yellow and back. Beautiful place!

Beautiful views! Good WCT training. We wore our packs.

Great loop trail! Very well blazed. I would recommend good boots, poles, and maybe even gaitors. I'm glad i had my poles, wish I put my gaitors on (I packed them #regrets).

Beautiful views,great workout, some slippery spots