Maple Mountain Loop is a 9.5 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near North Cowichan, British Columbia, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

9.5 km
382 m

A nice hike from the end of Chilco Road along the blue trail then onto the yellow trail along the water. Beautiful views - little bit of slippery rock now and again. At the end of the yellow take the pink trail up to join back to the blue again.

Excellent hike for a sunny day but definitely want good footwear for the slippery sections!

Great hike! The blue trail is moderate, yellow trail is a little more challenging but a great view. We did blue first and returned on yellow.

A great hike along Sansom Narrows.
Take your time to enjoy the ever-changing environment, especially along the Yellow trail.

A really nice hike with wonderful scenery when the sun is shining. I would caution doing the blue/yellow on wet or frosty days, there are a couple of spots where the rock would be very slippy and therefore dangerous to hike. I’m new to the island; of the hikes I have been on I would rate this the best one yet.

A very scenic hike with great old growth scenic trails and awesome ocean view sections. A bit of a quad burner but the vistas are more than worth it.

I took my time, especially on the first half, as I chose the yellow trail, savouring the ever-changing vistas along the water. It was a bonus to come across the solar powered navigation light. Then up the Pink trail and back on the Blue trail.
Lots of beauty on the yellow trail. A peaceful, forested return on the Blue trail.
Will gladly do it again.

It was our first time hiking this trail and we loved it. Very well marked, no chance of getting lost. :) From the parking on Chilco Rd, the total distance there and back was about 11 km. It took us 3 hours with a few short stops. Would recommend.

I will definitely recommend this trail to any prepared intermediate hiker. The trail was well marked, if anything it was too marked, you can't go 100m without seeing a marker. Even after 3.5 hours and pouring rain at some times it was still a fantastic trail!

We did this however did the full blue trail to the end and met a very nice home owner who refilled our waters. We then back tracked then took the pink trail down to the yellow and back. Beautiful place!

Beautiful views! Good WCT training. We wore our packs.

Great loop trail! Very well blazed. I would recommend good boots, poles, and maybe even gaitors. I'm glad i had my poles, wish I put my gaitors on (I packed them #regrets).

Beautiful views,great workout, some slippery spots

Sunday, October 29, 2017