Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes Trail

Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes Trail is a 11.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

11.1 km
507 m

Doing it again this weekend, last time was 2015 when I first visited BC. Loved it then! No need for snowshoes, well used and packed down apparently. Unless going further to Greendrop, which is less well trodden.

Steep but short hike up to Lindeman (take polls if you have them). The autumn colours are lovely. Great place for a dip in the summertime.
Lots of boulder hopping to Greendrop. I personally found this lake less attractive so would stop at the far end of Lindeman next time.

One of my favourites, Lindeman Lake is beautiful and worth the climb. A bit of a drive to get there and heavy traffic most days, though.

Nice hike. Worth it for your first time.

I love this trail! The lake at the top is so beautiful! Only downside I would say is the dirt is so dry right now it is a very slippery slope on the way down!

Beautiful lake and a varied, interesting hike. We enjoyed this short hike.

Great day hike. Nice lakes. No nice views or anything.

Gorgeous!!!!!!

it was nice hike, you need a proper footwear.

A beautiful day and hike. Would have been a great day to have a dip if the water was not so chilly A few brave folks did brave the cold. Unfortunately it was too much of a freeway out there today for my liking. Avoid this on the long weekends unless you enjoy crowds.
The main trail to Greendrop is closed and alternate trail markers are available. More like scrambling than hiking.

I absolutely love the first part of the hike which leads to Lindeman Lake. That section gets 5 stars from me. However, on Saturday (May 14) my partner and I decided to continue on to Greendrop Lake for the first time. We are pretty experienced hikers however we had difficulty on the rocky parts. It is not really a trail but more of a rock slide, thankfully it is fairly well marked. Very hard on the ankles, we both fell a couple of times. Also as we got within 1.5 kms of Greendrop there was about a foot of snow and some really dangerous sections. We decided to turn around at about 500 meters out as it was starting to hail/rain heavily and was quite slippery. I probably wouldn't do Greendrop again as I feel it isn't worth the hassle when Lindeman Lake is so beautiful and a much more enjoyable hike.

Monday, September 19, 2016

The wife and I are new to hiking/backpacking, this was a fun but tiring trail. The climb to Lindeman is great to show how out of shape we are! We'd planned to continue to Greendrop, but it clouded over fast so we went back down after lunch. Will return to do the complete trail for sure!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Great hike with beautiful views of the mountains and lakes. Lots of reward with minimal effort. Make sure to see both lakes.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Breathtaking views. a fun challenging hike!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Great beginners hike

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

easy hike, busy on weekends but still beautiful and enjoyable.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It was about a 30 min hike to Lindamen. Then another 2 hrs to Greendrop. The trail to Greendrop is very scenic with a lot of climbing on rocks. Worth the extra 2 hours!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A bit steep and slippery in some spots, but otherwise an easy walk. A very beautiful lake awaits.

Monday, May 02, 2016

This is a great hike I am a beginner hiker and it took me 1.5 hours with my 20 month old on my back and it took me 50 minutes without her.. Beautiful and my other child who is 13 loved it as well as his friends and they definitely want to go again

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beautiful hike, perfect reward once you get to the 1st lake. Will do it again!

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Love it!

Friday, February 26, 2016

My 10 yr. old son & I spent the whole day hiking past Lindeman Lake to Greendrop
Was an awesome hike. Well marked and
Spectacular vistas along the way!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Beautiful hike! Not too difficult but at the same time, it gives you a bit of a challenge. Very rewarding once you get to Lindeman!

Monday, September 07, 2015

I loved this hike so much. I only went to lindeman and i camped overnight. Would recommend a mattress to sleep on as i thought the sand would be soft enough. nope!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Nike nice, the hardest part is getting to Lindeman, which is 1/3 of the way.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hiked with a buddy up to Lindeman and back on a cold February day. The trail was clear, as all the snow was relegated to the highest ridges overlooking the lake. The only real hazard was the slick rocks, made slippery by rain and cold weather. A lovely trail that mostly follows the river all the way up to the lake and, because of the weather, not very crowded, either. I was disappointed by the frequent graffiti along the trail, something I've never seen on any other mountain hike.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just did this hike today. 30C outside. Water in Linderman lake was amazingly refreshing for that purpose. Like pointed out already, lots of rock slides ...so u must wear appropriate footwear; I saw some people in sandals- good luck there. Great hike for one day or overnight - lots of great camping spots. Would do it again , but maybe not when its 30C outside.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

I loved this hike, lots of friendly people on the way. Not a straight flat hike up, you have to think about where you are stepping as some area's are very rocky. The hour hike up the Mountain was totally worth the tranquil view. Took 35 mins to climb down. We are going back, next time with lunch and wine!

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Okay, I did this last year with my twin boys who were 7 at the time. I was blown away by the way those two hiked to Greendrop doing such as awesome job.

I had chosen the hike as the boys, sorry, MEN's first over nighter because of the appropriate distance and elevation. Was correct on both counts but didn't realize that you have to cross at least 5 rockslides after Lindeman on the way to Greendrop. They're not terrible but when you're only 4 feet tall... Felt guilty for working those 2 lil pairs of legs so hard but like I said, they did awesome.

The weather was great, the lakes were jewels but the best was seeing the looks on other hikers faces at hearing my lil men were hiking back from Greendrop, not Lindeman!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Late June the Lake is very high - we hiked across the boulder fields to the left of the lake ad made it to the end of the lake where there is normally beach access to an amazing camping spot just at the stairs. We had to bush whack and cross a slimy fallen tree to cross the river. If you're looking for an adventure the camping spot it worth it!