Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes Trail

Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes Trail is a 11.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

11.1 km
507 m

Was referred by my friend and colleague in my work place. Awesome hiking trail. water falls and river flowing side to the trail. Beautiful view of the lake surrounded by mountains. Hike with my daughter and and wife's family with a 2year old kid. It was fun.

When we arrived just before 9 am, we counted 6 vehicles (all of which had been parked overnight on the road or in the main parking lot) that had one or more smashed windows. Some cars appeared to have had their hoods popped and batteries stolen.
The trail to Lindeman and Greendrop Lakes is well-maintained and well-frequented. Definitely worth a day visit for a hike and a swim.

A big shout out to whoever marked the trail and put in the bridges, tent pads etc. Just awesome!
This hike is beautiful and made for an amazing day !

Challenging short hike with uneven terrain and a bit of scurrying up rocks. Definitely gets the heart pumping.

Once you hit the campground keep walking to find a quieter, more private flat rock to sunbathe and swim... more accurately jump in, shriek at the cold and climb out immediately :) Water is beautiful and clear in addition to being wicked cold. Overall a good day trip.

It was perfect short hike for a very hot day. Most of the way is shaded. Lake colour a stunning deep emerald green on a cloudless sunny day.
Pacific trilliums starting to bloom around the lake. Rocks and roots (R & R) kind of trail all the way. Very enjoyable afternoon.

I am so glad that I have found this easy approach wonderful trail to hiking. Also the very short trail is covered by tree shadows all the way to the lake which makes summer day hiking do not have to go early morning. Very good place and I will be coming here soon again for sure.

Great workout. Not overly long to get to lindeman lake. Stunning view.

The trail is a bit confusing in some spots, lots of elevation but the outcome is a awesome!

Decent day hike. Lake was crowded, as it was a Saturday but very pretty.
Trail is very rooty and rocky making it hard to enjoy any views... if there were any. There are a few peakaboo spots of the creek which were lovely, but no vistas or waterfalls.
Habitat has virtually no diversity and some areas appear to have been clear cut within the last 10 years.
Due to boulder field beyond the first lake we didn’t continue as we had our dogs along.
Probably won’t bother with this hike again but it was a good workout.

I loved the diversity of scenery along this trail. The lakes, slides, boulders and forest are all stunning and the tent pads at both lakes are well thought out. I’ll be sure to get my backcountry camping permit online in advance next time since you can’t register and pay at the trailhead and there’s no cell service for 30ish km’s.

Nice day hike! The water is amazing. Super refreshing.

one of the best hikes I've been on!!

Nice hike, quite relaxing. Lots of places to have a seat and relax at the lake. If you're brave, jump in for a cold swim! Camping is also an option but there a fee. Cayaking is also an option here! Check it out!

Nice hike, the steepest part right at the beginning. If boulders are your thing, you will have fun:) some campers at both lakes on a weekday, unfortunately making fire and leaving trash/food around.

Lindeman lake is much more beautiful and I wouldn't continue to Greendrop a second time, unless I wanted the workout. View is not all that. Would love to have looped back via Flora but reviews of poor trail put me off.

I now understand the reason this is a popular trail. It is a relatively easy, considering the rewards.
At least on weekends, it is a very busy trail, so I would pick a regular business day to avoid crowds
The lake is gorgeous, but you have to be really brave to dip into these waters since it is cold.
Still worth the effort. The lake is amazing.

This was our first hiking and we loved it!!

Doing it again this weekend, last time was 2015 when I first visited BC. Loved it then! No need for snowshoes, well used and packed down apparently. Unless going further to Greendrop, which is less well trodden.

Steep but short hike up to Lindeman (take polls if you have them). The autumn colours are lovely. Great place for a dip in the summertime.
Lots of boulder hopping to Greendrop. I personally found this lake less attractive so would stop at the far end of Lindeman next time.

One of my favourites, Lindeman Lake is beautiful and worth the climb. A bit of a drive to get there and heavy traffic most days, though.

Nice hike. Worth it for your first time.

I love this trail! The lake at the top is so beautiful! Only downside I would say is the dirt is so dry right now it is a very slippery slope on the way down!

Beautiful lake and a varied, interesting hike. We enjoyed this short hike.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Great day hike. Nice lakes. No nice views or anything.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Monday, May 29, 2017

it was nice hike, you need a proper footwear.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A beautiful day and hike. Would have been a great day to have a dip if the water was not so chilly A few brave folks did brave the cold. Unfortunately it was too much of a freeway out there today for my liking. Avoid this on the long weekends unless you enjoy crowds.
The main trail to Greendrop is closed and alternate trail markers are available. More like scrambling than hiking.

Monday, May 15, 2017

I absolutely love the first part of the hike which leads to Lindeman Lake. That section gets 5 stars from me. However, on Saturday (May 14) my partner and I decided to continue on to Greendrop Lake for the first time. We are pretty experienced hikers however we had difficulty on the rocky parts. It is not really a trail but more of a rock slide, thankfully it is fairly well marked. Very hard on the ankles, we both fell a couple of times. Also as we got within 1.5 kms of Greendrop there was about a foot of snow and some really dangerous sections. We decided to turn around at about 500 meters out as it was starting to hail/rain heavily and was quite slippery. I probably wouldn't do Greendrop again as I feel it isn't worth the hassle when Lindeman Lake is so beautiful and a much more enjoyable hike.

Monday, September 19, 2016

The wife and I are new to hiking/backpacking, this was a fun but tiring trail. The climb to Lindeman is great to show how out of shape we are! We'd planned to continue to Greendrop, but it clouded over fast so we went back down after lunch. Will return to do the complete trail for sure!